Pope: Dogs Go To Heaven. UhOh

Page 2 of 4<1234>
December 12th, 2014 at 4:48:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I think he said Argentina was going to win the world cup too.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 13th, 2014 at 7:36:06 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: FrGamble
He wasn't ... sitting on the throne of St. Peter when he said it.
Right, the Pope wasn't infallible on this one.

It's a documented fact: when dogs die they go to Rainbow Bridge. But don't take my word for it, look it up on the Internet.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
December 13th, 2014 at 7:43:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: chickenman

It's a documented fact: when dogs die they go to Rainbow Bridge. But don't take my word for it, look it up on the Internet.

Isn't there less traffic on the Peace Bridge on the weekends?
The President is a fink.
December 13th, 2014 at 10:24:43 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: chickenman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Bridge_National_Monument

You can feel the power when you walk under it, but it is really tough digging.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 15th, 2014 at 6:34:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: aceofspades
Hmmmmm are all dogs born sinful and need to be baptized as humans are?

Dogs are devoted to their human deities. They need nothing.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 15th, 2014 at 1:20:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I've always liked this Twain quote;

Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 15th, 2014 at 2:35:50 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
One of my favorite prayers is, "O God, make me half the person my dog thinks I am."
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 15th, 2014 at 2:50:08 PM permalink
Nareed
You know the old joke, right? The dog sees you fetch her food, remove obstacles for her (like closed doors), pet her, play with her, etc and she concludes you must be a god.

The cat sees the same thing and concludes she must be a god.

Actually the cat very likely thinks you're a god, too. She just doesn't show it in as easy to recognize a manner as your dog.

I had a cat when I lived with my parents at a three-story house. the cat liked the top floor, and rarely came downstairs for any reason. but there was one exception. Whenever I got home, she came down to my room to play. She always showed submission, too, just like a dog. Only instead of whimpering and wagging her tail and licking me, she rubbed against me and exposed her throat.

She loved to play with me, because I knew how to play with a cat. I didn't throw things across the room, for example, nor tried to pat her on the head. Cats like to stalk and pounce, not run.

The only odd thing she did was climb all over the books in my book case. I don't know what the attraction was, especially since she stayed on the lower shelf rather than climbing up. She never damaged a single book.
December 15th, 2014 at 4:27:04 PM permalink
Nareed
Consider the logistical problem, too. I've had three dogs and one cat (also two hamsters and who knows how many tropical fish, possibly over a hundred, all told)). Some people have no pets at all, some people have lots. So lets put an average of 1.5 pets, considering dogs and cats only, per person in the developed world and among the upper-middle to upper classes everywhere else.

How many people die every year? Millions, surely. Say ten millions, at least. That's 15 million pets getting into heaven (or Hell? Not likely, IMO). Overall it's estimated 100 billion human beings, including some proto-human tool-making ancestors, have lived and died. Assuming a similar ratio of pet ownership (consider dogs were kept for hunting and cats for pest control), that 150 billion dogs and cats living for all eternity.

That would make for a crowded dog park.

Then of course there are less conventional pets. Keeping to mammals only, you have pigs, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, some people keep squirrels, foxes, goats, ferrets, and who knows what else.

Then there are horses. Not pets per se, but lots of people have them. In older times there were more of them. Horses are well-liked and well-cared for, too.

What else? Donkeys, mules, milk cows, prize bulls, sacred animals of all sorts?
December 15th, 2014 at 4:35:10 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed

Then of course there are less conventional pets. Keeping to mammals only, you have pigs, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, some people keep squirrels, foxes, goats, ferrets, and who knows what else.

Then there are horses. Not pets per se, but lots of people have them. In older times there were more of them. Horses are well-liked and well-cared for, too.

What else? Donkeys, mules, milk cows, prize bulls, sacred animals of all sorts?

This is great news! Now, the real brain busting question...

When I go hunting and nab me a bunch of Heaven rabbits, where do they go then?

*mind blown*
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 2 of 4<1234>