Dog Talk

April 1st, 2019 at 3:52:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
This is Winston. He is our newest addition and is 4 months old now. He would love to be able to run around the neighborhood.

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 1st, 2019 at 5:59:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
I laughed first thing when I let him
outside this morning. It's warm and
sunny and he was bounding around
like an idiot. Way too cute not to
laugh at. Life without a dog isn't
really living.
Are adult [2-3 yr. old] Bichons mellow, or are they hyper?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 2nd, 2019 at 12:03:39 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: aceofspades
Wow that's interesting - what prompted the thoughts?

Dunno all of them. I have a lot (LOT) of alone time. The mind drifts. Oftentimes it drifts to interactions with people, and y'all are about the only people I "see". So I think of y'all often.

Specifically, some have come when thinking of my own doog. I do a lot of "smelling of roses", kind of coming out of the moment to observe and appreciate it, ya know? Examine my feelings, figure myself out. I've done it with mine often, pretty much every time we seem to "reach the next step". Early on I'd think "I'm gonna have to shoot you someday, and I can't f#$%ing wait". That would make me think of you, and the relationship you described all those years ago. Then maybe we progress to "I'm gonna have to shoot you someday, wonder if I'll be able". And I'd think of you, wondering if this is how you felt, if I was close, what it's gonna be like to love something again. Now we're approaching "I'm gonna have to shoot you someday, but maybe I'll just go first" lol. And I think of the love for dog and the words you wrote back then.

I dunno. Must've been how you wrote that. Mix in my personal weirdness and now you got a stranger thinking of your dog somewhat often =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 2nd, 2019 at 2:11:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Fortunately dogs aren't embarrassed by appearance.(AFAIK) I think a competent groomer would double or triple check what the owner wanted before making a dog look really unusual. Owner says they took the word "shave" as this result.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 2nd, 2019 at 2:27:38 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
that's just wrong
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 2nd, 2019 at 2:28:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
that's just wrong

That is awesome.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 3rd, 2019 at 10:58:36 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Face
Dunno all of them. I have a lot (LOT) of alone time. The mind drifts. Oftentimes it drifts to interactions with people, and y'all are about the only people I "see". So I think of y'all often.

Specifically, some have come when thinking of my own doog. I do a lot of "smelling of roses", kind of coming out of the moment to observe and appreciate it, ya know? Examine my feelings, figure myself out. I've done it with mine often, pretty much every time we seem to "reach the next step". Early on I'd think "I'm gonna have to shoot you someday, and I can't f#$%ing wait". That would make me think of you, and the relationship you described all those years ago. Then maybe we progress to "I'm gonna have to shoot you someday, wonder if I'll be able". And I'd think of you, wondering if this is how you felt, if I was close, what it's gonna be like to love something again. Now we're approaching "I'm gonna have to shoot you someday, but maybe I'll just go first" lol. And I think of the love for dog and the words you wrote back then.

I dunno. Must've been how you wrote that. Mix in my personal weirdness and now you got a stranger thinking of your dog somewhat often =)

I get it - I hope thinking of my relationship with my dog helps bring you closer to your dog
April 3rd, 2019 at 11:47:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In the past five years, at least six Americans have been shot by dogs ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../a-dog-shoots-a-person-almost-every-year-in-amer...
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 3rd, 2019 at 1:47:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

Can you blame them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 4th, 2019 at 5:21:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../a-dog-shoots-a-person-almost-every-year-in-amer...

Shameful.

Everyone knows the only thing that can stop a bad dog with a gun is a good dog with a gun.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman