Dog Talk

April 5th, 2019 at 7:54:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2020 at 4:50:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Kansas dog makes 50-mile trek to her old home in Missouri

Must have not been able to dig up all the bones before the move.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2020 at 5:28:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
PITA’s. Dogs, that is.

Guinea Pigs-Feed and water daily, clean the cage weekly.

Cats (None at Present)-Feed and water daily, quick scoop the box once a day, full litter change weekly. Aside from that, they basically take care of themselves. Generally leave you alone and will only approach if you seem to be relaxing anyway.

Dogs-Extremely needy, never leave you alone.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 19th, 2020 at 5:42:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
PITA’s. Dogs, that is.

Guinea Pigs-Feed and water daily, clean the cage weekly.

Cats (None at Present)-Feed and water daily, quick scoop the box once a day, full litter change weekly. Aside from that, they basically take care of themselves. Generally leave you alone and will only approach if you seem to be relaxing anyway.

Dogs-Extremely needy, never leave you alone.

Give me a dog over a cat any day. Loyal. Way more fun. Can be trained to do way more things. Make that "can be trained."
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2020 at 5:48:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Give me a dog over a cat any day. Loyal. Way more fun. Can be trained to do way more things. Make that "can be trained."

You don't need to train a cat; they are smart enough to do some cool things naturally. They're also extremely clean animals as they are obsessed with grooming. As far as dogs go--where you say, 'Loyal,' I say, 'Never leave you alone.'

Also, you do train cats to a certain extent. They mainly just have to be trained to stay off of countertops, but that's it. They use the litter box naturally. Again, they're obsessed with cleanliness.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 19th, 2020 at 5:56:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You don't need to train a cat; they are smart enough to do some cool things naturally. They're also extremely clean animals as they are obsessed with grooming. As far as dogs go--where you say, 'Loyal,' I say, 'Never leave you alone.'

Also, you do train cats to a certain extent. They mainly just have to be trained to stay off of countertops, but that's it. They use the litter box naturally. Again, they're obsessed with cleanliness.

They also kill rabbits and birds for no reason.

Dogs are way smarter. When is the last time you heard of a "service cat?" Or a drug-sniffing cat? Or a search-and-rescue cat? Or a watchcat?

Dog = Man's Best Friend.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2020 at 6:22:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
They also kill rabbits and birds for no reason.

Dogs are way smarter. When is the last time you heard of a "service cat?" Or a drug-sniffing cat? Or a search-and-rescue cat? Or a watchcat?

Dog = Man's Best Friend.

Of course they have a reason, which is to eat them. Some cats are also fully indoor, so those ones don't kill anything of that nature. Cats are way smarter, they're not going to put up with any of your bullcrap training them to do dangerous jobs for less than $20/hour, retirement plan, at least 30 days of PTO per year and a comprehensive medical package.
July 19th, 2020 at 6:34:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Of course they have a reason, which is to eat them. Some cats are also fully indoor, so those ones don't kill anything of that nature. Cats are way smarter, they're not going to put up with any of your bullcrap training them to do dangerous jobs for less than $20/hour, retirement plan, at least 30 days of PTO per year and a comprehensive medical package.

They rarely eat them. They thrill kill and leave. Trust me, I grew up next door to the cat lady of the neighborhood.

If they want 30 days PTO let them form a union.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2020 at 10:51:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Cats are trainable, but they aren’t usually pack animals, so any natural desire for a lead animal is lacking.

So, I’d guess it’s more to do with behavior instincts than raw intelligence.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2020 at 12:15:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Dogs are way smarter. When is the last time you heard of a "service cat?" Or a drug-sniffing cat?

Drug sniffing cat.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/police-department-announces-new-drug-sniffing-cat-to-fight-crime/

I would guess that cats are as smart as dogs or smarter. Just because we can't train themmeans very little. They are training us.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.