Dog Talk

Page 20 of 21« First<1718192021>
August 3rd, 2021 at 4:22:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I had to put down a senile canary one time, the old bird kept falling off his perch.

I wound up putting him on the chopping block and decapitating him with an axe: seemed the most humane way to do it.

My buddy had a pit bull he loved dearly; the dog was on his way out and rather than let him suffer he killed it in what seems a weird way but is probably the best way possible.

He took the dog out into the woods, held him, petted him, and while holding him put a 9mm in its skull.

Death sucks.
August 3rd, 2021 at 4:50:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
while holding him put a 9mm in its skull.

Would have been a quicker death if he
had used a gun..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2021 at 4:55:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I had to put down a senile canary one time, the old bird kept falling off his perch.

I would up putting him on the chopping block and decapitating him with an axe: seemed the most humane way to do it.

My buddy had a pit bull he loved dearly; the dog was on his way out and rather than let him suffer he killed it in what seems a weird way but is probably the best way possible.

He took the dog out into the woods, held him, petted him, and while holding him put a 9mm in its skull.

Death sucks.
That is how I put down my dog before my last. Loved him, didn't want to have anyone else do the deed. It would be good if we all had a friend that would do that for us should it become necessary.

Up above Yale lake.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 3rd, 2021 at 5:19:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

As humane as that is some places are banning it. Probably because idiots do it wrong.

Never had my own dog, wish I could. Was there when we put my mother's last dog down. I did not sleep at all the night before. Done in the home. Tried to take the dog to the park before, she could not really make it to the car though my mother said she tried to follow me when I went to the car for something. Helped the woman take the body bag to her car, was not a light dog.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2021 at 5:27:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: petroglyph
Up above Yale lake.

Really?

Cougar? Ariel? Northwoods?
August 3rd, 2021 at 5:52:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Really?

Cougar? Ariel? Northwoods?
Off Elk lane road, west of where Yale lake bridge rd. meets the 503 that runs to Woodland. A few miles east of Ariel.
August 3rd, 2021 at 6:57:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
My son was camping up past Ape Cave recently, at the snow line at Mt. St. Helens.

I've done a lot of four wheeling in those mtns. and valleys.

I remember grabbing cold bottles of pop out of the water/ice coca cola container old lady Reese had at the long-closed Reese's store.

High speed runs on Yale Lake in the Donzi were a blast, but always had to look out for that damned stump patch.

Good times.
August 4th, 2021 at 5:32:22 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
That is how I put down my dog before my last. Loved him, didn't want to have anyone else do the deed. It would be good if we all had a friend that would do that for us should it become necessary.

Up above Yale lake.

I am ready now if anyone wants to volunteer.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 4th, 2021 at 5:48:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: DRich
Aren't you still having fun, got things to look forward to, able to get around, golf, have sex. eat fine food? Seems like you're cutting yourself short.
August 4th, 2021 at 6:04:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich

Would you like to try a medieval method. First you strip down, then tied spread eagle and tied face up in a boat. Then honey is poured around your nose, mouth and any other vulnerable parts. Then you're floated out into a lake on a cloudless day. Then you enjoy the sun and insects for the next day or two.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 20 of 21« First<1718192021>