Books

January 7th, 2015 at 4:47:50 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have had a few people recommend the book The Four Hour Work Week. Has anyone here read it? I read that it was a New York Times bestseller for many years but I had never heard of it.

It sounds like a "self help" book that normally wouldn't interest me but friends said there were actually some good stories in it.

I am a very lazy person and if this book could truly inspire me i may consider it.

amazon link
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2015 at 5:14:56 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I have had a few people recommend the book The Four Hour Work Week. Has anyone here read it? I read that it was a New York Times bestseller for many years but I had never heard of it.

It sounds like a "self help" book that normally wouldn't interest me but friends said there were actually some good stories in it.

I am a very lazy person and if this book could truly inspire me i may consider it.

amazon link

It's... okay. The author is a bit full of himself, but there's some interesting ideas in there.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 7th, 2015 at 5:44:14 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Clearly, selective ignorance, farming out chores and applying the 80/20 principle have paid off for Ferriss."

the book had a "punchy writing style" and that Ferriss had "struck a chord with his critique of workers' slavish devotion to corporations."