Should the state be allowed to force a cancer treatment?

Page 9 of 10« First<678910>
Poll
5 votes (62.5%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

February 3rd, 2015 at 2:20:12 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
No doubt ignorrance of vaccines is dangerous.

Ignorance is always very dangerous.

There are cases of infants who are allergic or sensitive to the preservatives some vaccines employ. Aside from that, any drug can have adverse reactions in some people. All these represents a very tiny minority of infants and children who may be adversely affected. Even then the risk is rather small. Smaller than getting whooping cough or polio (you really don't want to get polio).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 3rd, 2015 at 2:49:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I suppose we could give people the option to both expose their kids or themselves to measles as long as they agree to quarantine so it protects everyone else.

See, then they can stay away from the dangerous vaccine.

There's a cardiologist saying getting many of the disease we have vaccinations against is the way to go. If people don't mind staying out of the general population while they do this, that gives them the freedom from what they claim is the bigger danger.

(personally, I think it sounds crazy)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:18:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

So pretty much what I said, they are not against vaccinations but are for personal and parental choice.
The President is a fink.
February 3rd, 2015 at 6:01:07 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Any drug or surgical procedure is dangerous. Its a balance between benefit and risk.
Most of the vaccines are now administered with a computer record of batch number and time of day to help indicate post market surveillance. Age of administration and health at time of administration can be critical as well as vaccine load. One shot is better for compliance, multiple shots are better for health.

It is simply that the refusal to vaccinate provides such an overwhelmingly greater danger that you get these nutcase parents wanting to protect their kids from the vaccine or from the mercury compound associated with it.
February 4th, 2015 at 7:07:56 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The radical difference between cancer treatments and vaccinations is very important:

Refusing treatment for cancer affects only the person with cancer. They will not cause other people to get cancer, they will not spread cancer around. Refusing vaccination affects a lot of other people. Infants too young to have received vaccines, people with weak immune systems (cancer patients, notably, people with AIDS, people on immunosuppressants for transplants, etc), even people who have been vaccinated but may have lost immunity after many years.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 4th, 2015 at 2:46:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Any drug or surgical procedure is dangerous. Its a balance between benefit and risk.
Most of the vaccines are now administered with a computer record of batch number and time of day to help indicate post market surveillance. Age of administration and health at time of administration can be critical as well as vaccine load. One shot is better for compliance, multiple shots are better for health.

It is simply that the refusal to vaccinate provides such an overwhelmingly greater danger that you get these nutcase parents wanting to protect their kids from the vaccine or from the mercury compound associated with it.

How does it work if hypothetically one person is in a room full of people who are not vaccinated against a disease and the disease is introduced into that room? Does the vaccinated person still have immunity, if so can't just the people who don't want the disease get the vaccinations and those who wish to take there chances do so without affecting the immunized ones?

Aren't we all just living in a petri dish with variants of every disease known and unknown to man? I think now it is said that 1/3 women and 1/2 men will at sometime be afflicted with cancer. We have been able to diagnose cancer for a long time. Why the increase in cancer rates? [ I am not associating cancer with vaccines] I am however familiar with the hpv link.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 4th, 2015 at 2:59:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
increase in rates often means increase in detection efforts, not necessarily increases in cures at all.

Yes, the whole world is a petri dish but most people choose Beverly Hills rather than the Dark Hole of Calcutta. So keeping diseases at bay is a major government task. In a world of jet travel, don't go to Ebola country. Don't let them come here.

Vaccines are not guarantees of anything. People react differently and vaccines often get stored improperly.

Cancer vaccines are not vaccines against cancer they are immune system stimulants given to cancer patients.

Schools are breeding grounds for germs. Factory workers go out sick due to kids not being kept home sick.
February 4th, 2015 at 3:40:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
increase in rates often means increase in detection efforts, not necessarily increases in cures at all.

Yes, the whole world is a petri dish but most people choose Beverly Hills rather than the Dark Hole of Calcutta. So keeping diseases at bay is a major government task. In a world of jet travel, don't go to Ebola country. Don't let them come here.

Vaccines are not guarantees of anything. People react differently and vaccines often get stored improperly.

Cancer vaccines are not vaccines against cancer they are immune system stimulants given to cancer patients.

Schools are breeding grounds for germs. Factory workers go out sick due to kids not being kept home sick.

I thought people went to Calcutta to bathe in the healing waters of the Ganges.

I noticed at work the sickest people all had school age children. It bothered me immensely when they would come to work sick and hacking even though they had "sick leave", which they saved for vacation time with the kids. Meanwhile I am trying to heal from some form of whooping cough the walking petri dishes brought into work, a gift from public school or, as I like to call it 'state sponsored day care'.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 4th, 2015 at 5:21:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
I thought people went to Calcutta to bathe in the healing waters of the Ganges.
Yeah, one American tourist thought that too, they told him most of the Ganges is an open sewer with feces, dead animals and the garbage of millions in it. He died a wiser man three days later.
March 17th, 2016 at 9:11:25 AM permalink
Fleastiff

live aboard a boat? Yes, I have two young nudist chefs, two young nudist deckhands, four young nudist stewardesses, fair winds and following seas aboard a Junk Rigged 64 foot gaff rigged Ketch. At least that is what I was SUPPOSED to have, but it seems every time I wake up from that dream, I'm still a pauper who can't even afford a dinghy.

You mentioned you used to walk around your boat in Winter wearing fur boots and tee shirt due to the heating system.
Well I just watched a youtube video on a couple wintering in Juneau: they worked out vigorously at a gym, walked to a grocery store, came back to the boat and had a steak, bacon and Greens in one pot atop what looked like a coffee can with a small fire in it waiting for them. Then they broke out two sleeping bags and rigged the couch for a night of Netflix and 'other activities'.

And you said winters in Alaska were difficult.
Page 9 of 10« First<678910>