Deflate-gate

Page 1 of 41234>
January 24th, 2015 at 8:02:08 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
How have we not talked about deflate-gate yet?

I think the Patriots cheating ways have finally caught up to them. Not just with spying on teams and under inflating balls, but by willing to seemingly do anything to win. They showed their hand to me during the Ravens game and lining up wide receivers in their normal spot but making them ineligible. While technically this is legal according to the letter of the law, how can anyone see this as anything other than deception?

Those balls did not begin the game at the exact 12.5 psi Brady likes them at and then be discovered to be at least another pound of psi lower at halftime. I also have a hard time believing some sympathetic ball boy or equipment manger took it upon themselves to deflate those balls on their own. This goes even deeper. What about the center or the receivers who are catching all these balls, they did not know or feel that the balls were underinflated? Come on man. This is a team issue and somehow the team needs to be punished and the player(s) and/or coaches responsible as well.

I think Brady and Belicheck should be suspended, if not for the superbowl then for part of the next season.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 24th, 2015 at 8:47:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Okay, I can understand the difference between a pig and a pigskin. With a pig, its hard to get it to stand still on a scale. And probably a bit harder to determine its internal pressure. Now with a pigskin, you don't need any urine testing after the game, you just need some sort of tire pressure gauge.

Heck, they usually examine the quarter to make sure it ain't no two headed coin... they can't examine the darn football? Its feelings going to be hurt by being examined in public?

I mean it ain't exactly a lengthy process or a difficult one.
January 25th, 2015 at 5:22:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: FrGamble
They showed their hand to me during the Ravens game and lining up wide receivers in their normal spot but making them ineligible. While technically this is legal according to the letter of the law, how can anyone see this as anything other than deception?

I love that kind of stuff! so we disagree here, but ...

Quote:
I also have a hard time believing some sympathetic ball boy or equipment manger took it upon themselves to deflate those balls on their own

Pure cheating *and* lying about it too, which as we know from prior "gates" of all kinds, is the worst part. The patriots were basically on probation and have to pay a price. I probably would advocate a smaller price than thee, nonetheless, as it is definitely coming out that the practice was not unique to this team.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 25th, 2015 at 9:50:04 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I think the Patriots should be commended for giving other teams the opportunity to sacrifice for the people of New England (wherever the hell that is).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 25th, 2015 at 12:02:03 PM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0

I think Brady and Belicheck should be suspended, if not for the superbowl then for part of the next season.
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
January 25th, 2015 at 12:08:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Is this not a big deal to you guys? A team allegedly deflates footballs to give themselves an unfair advantage over other teams and we are supposed to laugh it off. If you scuff a baseball or cork your bat you get ejected from the game and face a suspension. Why should it be any different in football?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 25th, 2015 at 3:18:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Is this not a big deal to you guys? A team allegedly deflates footballs to give themselves an unfair advantage over other teams and we are supposed to laugh it off. If you scuff a baseball or cork your bat you get ejected from the game and face a suspension. Why should it be any different in football?

It is not that it is not a big deal to me, it is that it is not important in my life.

You would think the NFL would supply the balls and have a chain of custody for them. If not for every game at least for the post-season. The same NFL that keeps 40 Tom Hagens on staff as cleaners if a player gets into trouble. The same NFL that is a media machine and will jump on anything that could cause a problem. That NFL is too cheap to provide the footballs and makes the home team do it.

It is a joke.
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2015 at 5:35:59 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

I agree 100%. I hope the NFL throws the book at them. What that means specifically, I don't know, but enough to hurt.

Regarding who did it, I don't believe Brady at all. Yet another reason why I can't stand the Patriots.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 25th, 2015 at 6:01:49 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
It is a joke.
Not to the bookies who were in the know.
January 25th, 2015 at 6:06:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Is this not a big deal to you guys?

It's only a game.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 1 of 41234>