Was Jesus God?

December 4th, 2015 at 12:15:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
The Church does not reject who you are and everything you do. We love you. You are a good person and we all sin. .

This whole conversation is such a joke.
The Church is filled with Gay men, even
the new pope says so. If anybody thinks
all those Gay men are celibate, they're
nuts. The Church has a huge history
of abusing kids. With all this going on,
they still think they have the moral
authority to stand and point the finger
at others.

Hypocrisy is too nice a word for it. If
I said what it really is, I'd get suspended
for 3 days.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 4th, 2015 at 12:21:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
If religious people are delusional according to the scientific method that we all live deluded and crazy lives.

Did you see where it was two
of Yahweh's followers who are
responsible for the massacre
in Calif? Three, actually, if you
include the Jewish guy that
set off the Muslim on a rampage.

That's deluded, that's crazy. Good
ol Yahweh, his thousands of years
of mayhem rolls on. Don't try and
paint the rest of us with your broad
brush.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 4th, 2015 at 12:44:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
This whole conversation is such a joke.
The Church is filled with Gay men, even
the new pope says so.

The Church has a huge history
of abusing kids.

I kind of think you should be suspended for this. It is like the trifecta of insults to homosexuals. First you say that if they don't actually have gay sex then their attraction is not real. Then you stereotype gay people by how they act, dress, and what they do. Now you infer that it is gay people who are the ones who are abusing children, equating homosexuality with pedophilia. I'll say what I think you are - a prejudiced bigot towards Catholics, Christians, and gay people.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 4th, 2015 at 12:45:56 PM permalink
FrGamble
Did you see where it was two
of Yahweh's followers who are
responsible for the massacre
in Calif?

I know you don't like details but their specific understanding of YHWY is of the Islamic tradition.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 4th, 2015 at 1:59:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
a prejudiced bigot towards Catholics, Christians, and gay people.

Right on the first two, wrong on the third.
I have known a lot of Gay men over the years
and liked just about all of them. I make
no bones about saying that organized
religion is what's the problem in this
world, not the solution. Look what Yahweh
did on Wed in Calif, he never quits.

There was a Gay priest who came out last
month and was immediately kicked out of
the priesthood because he was in a relationship
with another man. He said the priesthood is
rife with non celibate Gay priests. Is he lying?

The rest of what you spewed is nonsense,
not worth replying to.
December 4th, 2015 at 2:01:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
I know you don't like details but their specific understanding of YHWY is of the Islamic tradition.

Yahweh is the same god for all 3
Abrahamic religions, the details
don't interest me. He's the one
they pray to, he's the one you
pray to. There's no difference to
us seeing the result of the prayer.
The OT violence lives on.
December 4th, 2015 at 3:08:44 PM permalink
FrGamble

I have known a lot of Gay men over the years
and liked just about all of them.

Me too.

Quote:
I make
no bones about saying that organized
religion is what's the problem in this
world, not the solution.

This is like saying guns are the real problem.

Quote:
He said the priesthood is
rife with non celibate Gay priests. Is he lying?

Absolutely.

Quote:
The rest of what you spewed is nonsense,
not worth replying to.

Let me translate this: "I have no response and have been shown to be wrong so rather than just admit it I will be mean and refuse to reply."
December 4th, 2015 at 3:33:33 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The reason Catholic adoption agencies were closed is because they were forced to not show any preference. They had the audacity to believe that a child will do better if possible with a mother and a father. Even that simple reasonable preference was not allowed without losing the necessary federal funds so they were really forced to close. It is really quite sad because everyone recognizes the great work they did.

It's a shame they chose prejudice over doing their good work. What do you suppose is far more harmful for an orphan? Having same sex parents, or having no parents at all? Given the choice, they chose, no doubt out of love, to throw the orphans under the bus.

Funny how in the early days of the church, the faithful made it a point to loudly claim they cared for children abandoned by their parents outside the city walls, especially in large cities like Rome. I wonder, was it legitimate charity or mere propaganda to gain acceptance? Maybe it was a lie. Someone here claims the church hasn't changed in 2,000 years...

Quote:
The Church does not reject who you are and everything you do.

Oh, yes it does. And I'm proud of it.

I just don't think such rejection counts as love.

Quote:
You are going to Heaven

This is the first time I've ever heard a Christian tell an atheist "you're going to" and not end the phrase with "Hell."

Fortunately for me there is no Hell. More fortunately, from what little I've read about it, there is no Heaven, either.

Quote:
What you want is genital activity and that is reserved to husband and wife who are male and female - natural law shows us this.

1) there is more, a lot more, to sex than "genital activity."

2) Natural law shows us that a limb, organ, function, substance, attribute, etc. developed for one purpose is often used and/or develops additional functions. Sex evolved for procreation, in microscopic plants and animals millions of years ago. it hasn't got stuck there, you know. Particularly in species which are sexually active year-round and have no means of signaling or even sensing fertility, reproduction is, by time and use, a secondary function of sex. In humans it serves for bonding much more than it does for procreation.

3) Read point 2). It's natural to bond with one's spouse through sex.

Now, can you tell me again how all true love is good, but straight cisgender love is gooder(*) than other forms of monogamous relationships?

(*) used on purpose.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 4th, 2015 at 4:13:50 PM permalink
Evenbob

Let me translate this: "I have no response and have been shown to be wrong so rather than just admit it I will be mean and refuse to reply."

I have no response because it's ridiculous.

And now priests are lying? 50%-60% of
priests are Gay, some say it's higher. Why?
Are Gay men really that much more religious
than straight men? Or is it because they
know in every all male group, the chance of
finding a kindred spirit will be quite high.
December 4th, 2015 at 5:51:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
It's a shame they chose prejudice over doing their good work. What do you suppose is far more harmful for an orphan? Having same sex parents, or having no parents at all? Given the choice, they chose, no doubt out of love, to throw the orphans under the bus.

How in the world is this prejudice, unless you are talking about prejudice against the Catholic Church? Is it not reasonable to desire to place a child with a mother and father rather than two mothers or tow fathers? There are plenty of husbands and wives who can't have kids and want to adopt I don't see how it is prejudice to have a preference for them. Remember it is not that they don't want to, it is that they cannot without federal funds withheld.

Quote:
Funny how in the early days of the church, the faithful made it a point to loudly claim they cared for children abandoned by their parents outside the city walls, especially in large cities like Rome. I wonder, was it legitimate charity or mere propaganda to gain acceptance? Maybe it was a lie. Someone here claims the church hasn't changed in 2,000 years...

That was abortion back in the day and today the Church continues its 2000 year consistent teaching that even a developing human being in the womb has rights and should be protected. So it certainly wasn't a lie or propaganda it is what the Church continues to do today.

Quote:
Oh, yes it does. And I'm proud of it.

I just don't think such rejection counts as love.

The Church does not and you are not rejected and this does count as love. Don't confuse challenge, compassion, or concern with rejection.

Quote:
1) there is more, a lot more, to sex than "genital activity."

Maybe you should define sex then.

Quote:
2) Natural law shows us that a limb, organ, function, substance, attribute, etc. developed for one purpose is often used and/or develops additional functions. Sex evolved for procreation, in microscopic plants and animals millions of years ago. it hasn't got stuck there, you know. Particularly in species which are sexually active year-round and have no means of signaling or even sensing fertility, reproduction is, by time and use, a secondary function of sex. In humans it serves for bonding much more than it does for procreation.

Sexual activity serves both important functions of bonding and procreation. You cannot separate those two aspect of sexual activity they are meant to go together. There are many, many ways to bond with another person, some of which are more important and meaningful than sex. As you have said there is more to it than "genital activity".

Quote:
3) Read point 2). It's natural to bond with one's spouse through sex.

It is indeed very natural if one's spouse is the opposite sex.

Quote:
Now, can you tell me again how all true love is good, but straight cisgender love is gooder(*) than other forms of monogamous relationships?

(*) used on purpose.

I don't think the true love of monogamous straight couples and the monogamous homosexual couples love is gooder, but it is different.