Was Jesus God?

Page 66 of 66« First<63646566
August 8th, 2016 at 10:58:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
You have zero credibility as a historian
because you believe myths and fairy tales
really happened and should be taken seriously.
I'd say that disqualifies you to judge anybody
else in that field. Your hubris is breathtaking to behold.

Why is it hubris to believe what the Church teaches, but not hubris to believe what you believe? I believe in something that is logical, historical, has been shown to be true, and resonates with the human person. By not believing in any God you are the one being prideful and holding onto something that is pure myth and fantasy without evidence or any type of proof.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 9th, 2016 at 1:31:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I believe in something that is logical, historical, has been shown to be true,

And yet you have failed time and again
to show it's true here. In fact, you've
shown no evidence at all. Don't you
find that odd?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 9th, 2016 at 6:35:05 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Your status as a really knowledgeable and objective historian is greatly diminished.

I'm not a historian.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 9th, 2016 at 7:56:34 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Your status as a really knowledgeable and objective historian is greatly diminished.

Still not a historian.

It is clear, though, that without the Son of Zeus-Amun, history would have been very different. For one thing, there'd be no Christianity at all today. Absent Alexander, Persia remains a very strong, very large, unified empire. Perhaps they never try to conquer Greece proper again, or perhaps they do and fail. But either way Rome would never have developed as it did, ending up at best as a regional Italian power and no more.

The Hebrews were conquered by every major power in the region, and they rebelled against them all. Except Persia. The prophet Isaiah declared the Persian King of Kings, Cyrus the Great, to be the Messiah. Continued Persian rule in the Middle East under the descendants of Cyrus the Messiah, would mean a peaceful and content land of Israel. Absent the unrest that led to various splits within Judaism, there'd be no Jesus to stir up the pot further.

So, really, this whole collection of Christian splinters is no more than a byproduct of the Son of the one true god Zeus.

You might ask if no other Macedonian or Greek king might have taken on Persia. The answer is no, as none were the son of Zeus-Amun.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 9th, 2016 at 7:19:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I do love historical fiction and guessing at what would happen if this occurred rather than that.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 9th, 2016 at 10:48:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I do love historical fiction

Obviously, you like the NT, which is as
fictional as it gets.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 66 of 66« First<63646566