Will it ever happen?

Poll
3 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

February 5th, 2015 at 5:31:18 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Will any NFL team ever play a Super Bowl at home?

It seems the odds are slim. consider, in the 70s several Super Bowls were played at the Orange Bowl, yet Miami, which played in two Super Bowls in that decade, never played at home.

A few years back the game was in Indianapolis, but that year Peyton manning didn't play at all and the Colts had a dismal season.

This year the game was at Phoenix, and the Cardinals were on fire. Then they had all the QB injuries and they were quickly dispatched in the playoffs.

Will it ever happen?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 5th, 2015 at 5:47:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
As soon as they develop the inflatable stadium.

Actually you could hold the Super Bowl in a fairgrounds venue. It would require at minimum, bleachers, a fancy scoreboard, and probably the movable blast walls like they put in front of Embassies to encircle the whole area. Then the normal heavy security measures after that.

Probably never been considered. And I think, but not sure, cities make money on Super Bowl hosting. (not sure of that, but think they do, so doubt if any would want to give it up)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2015 at 6:39:39 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Probably never been considered. And I think, but not sure, cities make money on Super Bowl hosting. (not sure of that, but think they do, so doubt if any would want to give it up)

My point is many cities have big, good quality stadiums that could easily host the show (er, game). Lately, too, many domed stadiums have been built. And recently the NFL got over its perfect weather fetish and let New Jersey have a Super Bowl in February.

Therefore more cities with good enough teams could host the game (show?), and therefore a team might luck out and play it home. And that would be a great advantage.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER