Title

Page 7 of 7« First<4567
October 26th, 2012 at 4:35:27 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
How odd, it doesn't feel that way to me.

Or not then.

"you'll have to" in this instance is not an order, but an invitation for one party to provide further information to another, vis-a-vis in this instance as to what part of my first message was not to their liking, so that party of the second part, that being myself, can understand further understand what was said that they took offense or a dislike too, so, henceforth and further unto, they may not make the same mistake again; or, if they so should desire, decide that the party of the first, being yourself, has no real issue that they party the second part which to resolve, and the first party is actually wasting everyone's time by complaining about simple posts by feigning a mock outrage and deliberate misunderstanding of words, by full well knowing that the written word on the internet does indeed leave something be desired for tone, and furthermore, also should understand that a simple, clear inquiry as to what the person actually meant normally eliminates any need for further upset, confusion or distaste.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 27th, 2012 at 3:53:28 AM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
Quote: TheCesspit
Or not then.

"you'll have to" in this instance is not an order, but an invitation for one party to provide further information to another, vis-a-vis in this instance as to what part of my first message was not to their liking, so that party of the second part, that being myself, can understand further understand what was said that they took offense or a dislike too, so, henceforth and further unto, they may not make the same mistake again; or, if they so should desire, decide that the party of the first, being yourself, has no real issue that they party the second part which to resolve, and the first party is actually wasting everyone's time by complaining about simple posts by feigning a mock outrage and deliberate misunderstanding of words, by full well knowing that the written word on the internet does indeed leave something be desired for tone, and furthermore, also should understand that a simple, clear inquiry as to what the person actually meant normally eliminates any need for further upset, confusion or distaste.

Thanks for clearing that up.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
October 27th, 2012 at 9:57:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: WongBo
I know you aren't trying to offend, but the "controversy" about homosexuality, Is just getting a little old for some of us.

Of course many will say that its acceptance is getting just a little to old for some of us.

Sex of offspring is often influenced by many factors, often related to resources that will be available for the rearing of the young. An alligator egg will develop into male or female depending upon temperature of the earth which means it depends upon the amount of water available. In dryer times, the egg will yield a male, in wet times the egg will yield a female.

Similarly, mountain goats produce a female before producing a male because males are harder to rear and nature prefers to give a mother mountain goat some experience first.

In humans, several factors are at work. All male fetuses get a "testosterone bath" and so too do any siblings sharing the womb but reaction to androgens varies markedly and appears to be epigenetically influenced as well as genetically influenced.

Societies vary in their response. In England and in Colonial America, young boys were legally considered female until breeched. Once wearing long pants they were considered male. This made sexual activity with young boys a non-homosexual act in the eyes of the law and the general public. We would think this utter nonsense today.

All minorities seem to strive for acceptance.
Jews elevated a minor holiday to differentiate themselves from Christians celebrating Christmas.
Blacks invented an utterly fictitious holiday and for some reason spelled in Kwansaa, the extra "a" probably originally a typo error.

An ordinary police raid on a gay bar in Greenwich Village turned into the Stonewall Riots simply because it happened to take place on the night that the "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" woman died. Ever since there has been a strident call for acceptance of gays. Hollywood types came out of the closet in droves because they could do so with impunity. In the UK, criminal prosecution and blackmail continued to be prevalent and coming out was less likely to take place.

Things change. Should we return to the days when the most powerful political action group in America was the Ladies Auxiliary of the Ku Klux Klan? Things change and often for the wrong reasons. Spanish omelets became Tomato omelets during wartime America. Sauerkraut became Liberty Cabbage and many Americans boycotted businesses with Germanic names. Japanese were relocated in massive numbers including white skinned, blond haired, blue-eyed children who had been adopted by those of Japanese heritage. So intense was the hatred that it was felt such children were naturally enemies of the USA. Things change.

Things change.... not always for the better though I imagine the minorities feel it is for the better.
November 7th, 2012 at 6:35:55 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
To add to my own defense, I thought that "queer" was even heavier than "fruit," but nobody seemed to be outraged at the show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. My use of "fruit" was in an effort to poke a little fun at it, in an effort to talk about it in a friendly way. Lisa Lampanelli goes a lot further than I did, and the gay community make up much of her fan base.

It's difficult to compare mild humor to that of an insult comic. Everyone from Don Rickles to Andrew Dice Clay gets away with their routine partly by never trying to explain themselves.
November 7th, 2012 at 8:49:22 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
I'm a little bummed that the Wiz bent to the pressure of the politically correct. Most of the other sub forums have humorous* sub-titles, why is this one exempt or above satire?

* "Humor" being subjective, but it's easy to see that it was attempted if not achieved.
November 7th, 2012 at 9:45:57 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
I'm a little bummed that the Wiz bent to the pressure of the politically correct. Most of the other sub forums have humorous* sub-titles, why is this one exempt or above satire?

* "Humor" being subjective, but it's easy to see that it was attempted if not achieved.

I dunno, I find Lady Gaga's song pretty humorous given her former actual good songs.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
November 7th, 2012 at 10:11:46 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Quote: AcesAndEights
I dunno, I find Lady Gaga's song pretty humorous given her former actual good songs.

I'm at a loss for comment as I don't think I could name a Lady Gaga song, or even pick one out if you played it for me.
Page 7 of 7« First<4567