February 12th, 2015 at 5:59:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I've been drinking milk my whole life.
I love milk.
As to everyones mid-life crisis.
I'm 56 and have yet to really have one.
I'm definitely past mid life.
Hmm, why no mid life crisis for me? I get depressed but its hardly due to my age.
Maybe its due to never growing up. The thing I am looking most forward to presently is a concert. Same thing I looked forward to as a teen.
That concert , Grateful Dead at Soldier field in July.
Heres my major crisis, not getting tickets. And right now odds aint good :-(
We did a double order via the Grateful Dead ticket mail order sales system. They got slammed with too many orders. Mine already got rejected. Hopefully my buddies order comes through..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 13th, 2015 at 8:47:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Face
I'd rather die. Half gallon [of milk] a day here.

Milk seems to have so many proponents and so many enemies.
Pasteurization, Ultra-Pasteurization, Homogenation, ... and of course there is a network of True Believers who smuggle Raw Milk.
I seem to have suddenly developed a craving for milk or perhaps I'm just a lazy shopper. My favorite form is Hagen Daz.

>>>While you're at it, find one for me =p
Moi aussi, being a mendicant is the pits.
February 13th, 2015 at 10:44:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff

I seem to have suddenly developed a craving for milk

It's the sugar in milk you crave, the sugar
high. Not a big mystery. The sugar in
fruit is even worse, fructose. Sugar kills
people, we can't handle it in the doses
our bodies were never designed for.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 14th, 2015 at 1:48:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
It's the sugar in milk you crave, the sugar high. Not a big mystery.
The sugar in fruit is even worse, fructose. Sugar kills people, we can't handle it in the doses our bodies were never designed for.
Careful, I am going to sic Annette Funicello on you if you tell me I can't slurp two quarts of orange juice a day.

Djever find anything in a supermarket that ain't full of sugar? Usually its the sugar substitutes that are worse than sugar and the no fat substitutes that are worse than fat.
February 14th, 2015 at 5:31:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
I'd rather die. Half gallon [of milk] a day here.

Milk seems to have so many proponents and so many enemies.
Pasteurization, Ultra-Pasteurization, Homogenation, ... and of course there is a network of True Believers who smuggle Raw Milk.
I seem to have suddenly developed a craving for milk or perhaps I'm just a lazy shopper. My favorite form is Hagen Daz.

The ultra-pasteurization is what does the worst, except for the new super-ultra. I don't want to totally convert to raw but I would try some to see what the big deal is. Off and on I wonder if getting some dairy farmers to convert to buffalo would be profitable, I have heard chefs love that stuff.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2015 at 6:17:51 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
Off and on I wonder if getting some dairy farmers to convert to buffalo would be profitable, I have heard chefs love that stuff.

do you mean the milk?

as far as the meat goes, prime rib of bison is not to be missed if seen on the menu [not sure what that would go for now]
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 14th, 2015 at 6:45:17 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
I wonder if getting some dairy farmers to convert to buffalo would be profitable, I have heard chefs love that stuff.

Pretty weird chefs. Oh, I get it, its already bottled. My understanding is that that CNN guy is sitting on everything until its a genetically robust herd. The problems would be interstate shipment and that darn Pasteurization stuff.
February 14th, 2015 at 6:52:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
do you mean the milk?

as far as the meat goes, prime rib of bison is not to be missed if seen on the menu [not sure what that would go for now]

Yes, the milk. And more when you make the milk to cheese. I don't think it matters much for fresh drinking.

Never had the meat. I have seen it a few places.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2015 at 1:38:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Careful, I am going to sic Annette Funicello on you if you tell me I can't slurp two quarts of orange juice a day.

Ever have a glucose tolerance test? Now they
give you some special formula to drink. Before
that, you know what they used? Orange juice. It
is turned immediately to glucose and shoots
into your system like a lightening bolt.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 4 of 4<1234