Desk Chairs, We All Have One

Page 2 of 3<123>
February 10th, 2015 at 6:26:20 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Lol, you put a Ferrari badge (or MG, or AMG, or etc) on a literal turd and someone would pay money for it.

Race seats are god awful uncomfortable. This idea is ludicrous.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 13th, 2015 at 6:01:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
I stand about a third of the time now, at work and at home. It takes a little getting used to, but feels much better.

One bank I worked at modified a guy's desk like that. He had a bad back or something so they raised the desk and took away the regular chair and gave him a sort of bar-stool chair. I can see where it would work out if you got used to it, get you on your feet some.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2015 at 10:18:51 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
One bank I worked at modified a guy's desk like that. He had a bad back or something so they raised the desk and took away the regular chair and gave him a sort of bar-stool chair. I can see where it would work out if you got used to it, get you on your feet some.

Various research suggests sitting is the new smoking. Aka, even if you are exercising 5 times a week for 1-2 hours, sitting down the rest of the time is still bad for circulation, the muscles and bones.

I can't vouch for it, but I do find I concentrate a bit better for some tasks.

The high up bar stool desks are a good compromise too, and I use one occasionally.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 14th, 2015 at 11:45:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman

The high up bar stool desks are a good compromise too, and I use one occasionally.

It is very, very difficult to stand all day and do office work. I can walk five miles easier than stand in place 20 minutes.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2015 at 11:47:06 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: AZDuffman
It is very, very difficult to stand all day and do office work. I can walk five miles easier than stand in place 20 minutes.

The best set ups are the ones with a slow treadmill underneath. Or so I am told.

It's something you have to practice and get used to. And have a nice soft but firm mat under your feet.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 14th, 2015 at 12:56:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The best set ups are the ones with a slow treadmill underneath. Or so I am told.

It's something you have to practice and get used to. And have a nice soft but firm mat under your feet.

I have a treadmill desk at home. (lifespan) (and a varidesk, see below)

I scooted it out while I consider a different setup, because when I sit down at it my feet are too high, or either that I have to hang them over the front.

so, the problem isn't standing and using it, it's just that I want a good way to use it sitting down. Since I'm using a desktop computer, there's a lot of weight involved and though I also have a desk which has the ability to raise or lower it's really made more for the weight of a laptop.

I have a laptop, but it's an old one, and not powerful enough, so I don't stay on it much. Really, if you could do everything on a laptop, it solves most of my current problems.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2015 at 1:56:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Treadmill while you work at a desk? Not for me. Would never be able to concentrate.

Some days at a courthouse I bet I walk a mile back and forth to the stacks.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2015 at 4:40:25 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Like most things, it takes getting used to. The pace is super slow (half walking pace). Not tried it, but had good reports on it. And it's about being on your feet for more, not for how far you walk in total.
February 14th, 2015 at 4:41:34 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: rxwine
I have a treadmill desk at home. (lifespan) (and a varidesk, see below)

I scooted it out while I consider a different setup, because when I sit down at it my feet are too high, or either that I have to hang them over the front.

so, the problem isn't standing and using it, it's just that I want a good way to use it sitting down. Since I'm using a desktop computer, there's a lot of weight involved and though I also have a desk which has the ability to raise or lower it's really made more for the weight of a laptop.

Can't you have the desktop tower down to one side, and just the screen and keyboard on the vari desk? Mine set up uses a couple of side tables for the screen and desk.
February 14th, 2015 at 5:16:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Can't you have the desktop tower down to one side, and just the screen and keyboard on the vari desk? Mine set up uses a couple of side tables for the screen and desk.

Unfortunately, I have more attached to the computer (large powered speakers and stands, etc,) which makes organization more difficult.

Anyway, I think I have it solved; just have to set it up again.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 3<123>