February 3rd, 2016 at 2:44:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I enjoyed the 1st season. They're trying to show
how Saul ended up being who he became. They
need to do this, he was just a miner character
in BB.

Luckily I can't over-binge right now what with gigs 3 of next 4 nights. I am so happy Mike is there.

Hopefully the women will be better than they were on BB. All the women there were just plain the kind you want to avoid at all costs.
The President is a fink.
February 3rd, 2016 at 3:15:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
All the women there were just plain the kind you want to avoid at all costs.

The two sisters? Best reason for divorce
you'll ever see. When I watched the
show on DVD, I FF'd thru every scene
that had Skyler or her sister in it, or the
teenage kid. Made the show 100% better.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 8th, 2016 at 6:02:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Been thru about 5 episodes so far. Starting slow but so did BB. One great thing is how they portray the life of a lawyer starting out. Going way back it was Perry Mason, defending innocent folks. In the 1980s it was sharp guys and hottie women working at Mckenze-Brackman, involved in exciting cases. The later caused a spike in law school admissions.

Reality is the top grads at the top schools get the good offers. Most everyone else has to hack it out. You might just be reviewing paperwork. Getting cases is as much a lead-driven business as is when I sold termite control work. If you are in criminal law you are getting hired by mostly guilty people. Then of course you have to collect.

Good job it can be, TV it ain't.

EDIT: at 41 minutes of episode 5 the car Mike is watching has inspection stickers from PA on the windshield. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT EDIT: Googled it and someone else did, amazing how they slip in details and people catch them.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2016 at 8:16:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
So far season 2 is very good. Tuco Salamanca is in
episode 4. Good ol crazy Tuco.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 14th, 2016 at 10:46:25 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Better Call Saul is outstanding. Different in many ways from Breaking Bad, but a worthy prequel. Looking forward to the rest of season 2.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 26th, 2016 at 7:56:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It looks like Breaking Bad's main baddie, Gustavo Fring, will make his way to season 3 of Better Call Saul.

If you take the first letter of the season 2 episode titles and rearrange them, it spells out "FRINGS BACK."

That is not a coincidence.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/04/better-call-saul-gus-frings-back-title-anagram-finale
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 26th, 2016 at 9:07:03 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I really don't know what to think about this show. The second to last episode this season I thought was spectacular and the first episode that really made me look forward to the next episode. I thought last weeks episode was very average and I didn't realize that it was the season finale. Now that I know that it was the finale, I am disappointed.

This is the only television show watch and I will definitely continue but I have been somewhat disappointed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 26th, 2016 at 10:22:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: DRich
Now that I know that it was the finale, I am disappointed.
This is the only television show I watch and I will definitely continue but I have been somewhat disappointed.

Not every finale has to be a Perils of Pauline type cliffhanger, some are more subtle. Having a reputation as someone who won't pull a trigger when its called for can be a dangerous situation, you don't have to make the screenwriters come up with a set of railroad tracks and a fast approaching locomotive.
April 26th, 2016 at 10:27:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: DRich

This is the only television show watch and I will definitely continue but I have been somewhat disappointed.

If you watched BB week to week, season
to season, instead of binging on it, it was
very slow, like BCS, and had ep's that were
boring. Remember all the time wasted on
the shoplifting sister? Or whole ep's about
Jesse's dumbshit friends? Or the retarded
kid. Or Skyler cheating? Who cared about
any of that. These are slow moving show's, it's
all on purpose, to build the characters.
I thought the last ep was fine, who the hell
left the note on the windshield. And the
brother will eventually force Jimmy out
of being a legit lawyer and into Saul Goodman.
April 26th, 2016 at 10:51:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

I thought the last ep was fine, who the hell
left the note on the windshield.

Gus!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 3 of 34<123456>Last »