Better Call Saul

September 5th, 2018 at 10:28:13 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
He was not laundering, he was skimming. And that was the place to meet the customers he needed. As to privacy, they do have it. You have to know what phone to tap. Say I want to talk with the Russian Mafia about some election work in my state. If we both have those burner phones the Feds will never know to listen in. Now, if we use them over and over they will eventually get a number.
Sure, burner phones for dealing drugs, but it depends on how bad they want you. If they want you bad enough, they just filter all the signals at the towers, and can use RDF to pinpoint the location.

I forget the name of the program but it was several models ago, one of the first times Bill Clinton fired missiles at OBL it was because of the program that the NSA uses that recognizes voices transmitted across air waves. He used cell phones until the first couple times we fired missiles at him. Then the rest of his life, no digital signal at his compound in Pakistan.

I think the last iteration the cops were using was called stingray? That was not to long ago declared illegal. My friend in the business said to me, you know why stingray was declared illegal don't you? It's because they have something better.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 5th, 2018 at 10:32:02 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I think Kim is starting to miss the excitement of being a con, tricking creeps out of their money. She may decide she doesn't want the same lifestyle as Howard or Chuck?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 5th, 2018 at 10:43:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Sure, burner phones for dealing drugs, but it depends on how bad they want you. If they want you bad enough, they just filter all the signals at the towers, and can use RDF to pinpoint the location.

But they have to know what they are looking for. Have to know what phone you are using. Same as the old thing in "Red Dawn" where the one kid tells the other not to shoot the gun twice, because after they hear the first they will listen where the second shot is coming from.

If they throw everything at a John Gotti yes, they might find him sooner. But an everyday gangster, not so much.
The President is a fink.
October 1st, 2018 at 11:28:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The finale better be a zinger, the rest
of the season sucked. The only thing
in tonight's that was memorable was
the planning office scam at the start.

This show is only interesting when
the old BB crew is in it. I'm getting
bored with Jimmy, he's such a
continual loser. I knew he wouldn't
get his license back, that how Saul
Goodman gets born. How he pulls
it off where he has a law license in
his real name is a mystery.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 2nd, 2018 at 8:46:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This has definitely been the weakest season. (I still miss the Chuck/Jimmy dynamic).

However, I feel like the last couple of episodes have been an improvement. I enjoy seeing Kim starting to con people like Jimmy. Mike is entertaining as always.

For me, the weakest part is the stuff with Nacho. That storyline is just boring to me.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 2nd, 2018 at 9:20:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have been really disappointed in the whole show. I keep giving it a pass thinking they are just building for something bigger but we are in season 4 and not much has really happened throughout the whole series.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 2nd, 2018 at 11:19:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I have been really disappointed in the whole show. I keep giving it a pass thinking they are just building for something bigger but we are in season 4 and not much has really happened throughout the whole series.

They're making a huge deal over
the building of the lab. Who cares.
They waste so much time on
meaningless scenes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 3rd, 2018 at 5:47:50 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
They're making a huge deal over
the building of the lab. Who cares.
They waste so much time on
meaningless scenes.

We joined BB with that world already intact, so I like seeing how Mike was hired, building the lab and all that. Like watching the Hatch being built by the Dharma Initiative in the last season of Lost. I dig it.
October 3rd, 2018 at 6:19:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: zippyboy
We joined BB with that world already intact, so I like seeing how Mike was hired, building the lab and all that. Like watching the Hatch being built by the Dharma Initiative in the last season of Lost. I dig it.

It is too bad they did not center it around Mike. One of my fav all time characters.
The President is a fink.
October 9th, 2018 at 9:37:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Another disappointing episode.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.