huge character on BB, he was in the
background. I really don't care how he
got to be Saul Goodman, and neither
does most of the audience. Odenkirk
is constantly bombarded by fans who
want to know who from BB will be on
the show. It makes him angry, but it
shouldn't. Jimmy is boring as hell.

I like a few things about them. One it shows what lawyer life is really like. Namely a lead driven grind to make s buck. And I see some of myself in his antics. Not cut out for corporate and more of a street guy. Frustrated that the suits do not get how people operate.

Looks like he becomes Saul next week.
The President is a fink.
May 10th, 2017 at 1:09:57 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I love both aspects of the show.

The Jimmy/Chuck stuff and the Mike stuff is equally entertaining to me.

I do prefer when we get a mixture of both storylines in each episode though. I missed Mike in this week's episode, yet I felt the previous week's episode focused too much on his storyline.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 10th, 2017 at 8:09:00 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Wizard
It could overlap a little as Saul didn't enter BB until half way through the show.

I thought Saul entered BB at end of S1, or beginning of S2. Remember he tracked Walter down and confronted him in his HS classroom, saying "If I can track you down, how far behind do you think police are?" (or something to that effect). So it's possible that BCS will have Fring and Goodman fully aware of Walter as soon as his blue meth hits ABQ streets, and we'll see a side story as the cartel and Goodman shadowing Walter White. That's how easy Saul tracked him down, already aware of him.

Could be wrong, but it'd be neat.
May 11th, 2017 at 2:50:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: zippyboy
I thought Saul entered BB at end of S1, or beginning of S2. Remember he tracked Walter down and confronted him in his HS classroom, saying "If I can track you down, how far behind do you think police are?" (or something to that effect). So it's possible that BCS will have Fring and Goodman fully aware of Walter as soon as his blue meth hits ABQ streets, and we'll see a side story as the cartel and Goodman shadowing Walter White. That's how easy Saul tracked him down, already aware of him.

Could be wrong, but it'd be neat.

Walter found Saul when Badger took a pinch and they hired him. Walter never gave his real name, so Saul had Mike find out who he was, probably a simple plate trace. That is what Saul meant about "tracked him down."
The President is a fink.
May 11th, 2017 at 12:30:59 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Was surfing around YouTube and saw this link for auditions for The Office. Forward to the 17 second point.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 11th, 2017 at 1:08:02 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
YouTube must know me too well, they suggested this video for me. Jump to the 0:50 point.

May 17th, 2017 at 5:03:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Last ep must have sucked, no spoilers
posted. I haven't seen it yet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2017 at 5:35:53 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob

I thought it sucked. Although I watch the show every week, I don't think it is great. Too many slow spots for me that I find myself fast forwarding through. I think the story is good but the director is trying to make it too dramatic and artistic.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 17th, 2017 at 5:36:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

Was not my favorite. Lots of talk, not enough of Mike. They look to be setting up for the cliffhanger, which I will guess is to show how Hector ends up in the wheelchair.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2017 at 6:53:12 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
It was the last episode where we see Jimmy start to use the name Saul Goodman. It answers some questions and advances the story but not the most dramatic episode.