Do it yourself

September 11th, 2021 at 5:22:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
What, you don't have a car to "ride around" in?

I tried mowing the lawn with it once but as it didn't
have a mower attachment it was really kind of
pointless. Because the point of it is, um, you know,
to mow the lawn.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 11th, 2021 at 6:35:17 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
I tried mowing the lawn with it once but as it didn't have a mower attachment it was really kind of pointless.

I guess you were probably drunk then too?

Living the life of a recluse can do that to a guy.

When covid is over and you finally get out and mingle you might want to find a nearby AA meeting.
September 11th, 2021 at 6:38:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
I guess you were probably drunk then too?

I never drink before 10 p.m. It's usually too late to mow the lawn by then although the John Deere does have headlights on it. I was drunk on vitamin D though, something Drich never gets living on his couch all day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 13th, 2021 at 7:20:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I've always had a magnifying glass in the house. I just realized the mini-ipad with its zoom (and I'm sure phone cameras) make a great magnifier for reading fine print. In fact, it's makes it way bigger than my magnifying glass. It won't fry ants though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 13th, 2021 at 9:12:44 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I never drink before 10 p.m. It's usually too late to mow the lawn by then although the John Deere does have headlights on it. I was drunk on vitamin D though, something Drich never gets living on his couch all day.

I spend 4 hours in the sun every Sunday morning golfing. I also sit out by my pool occasionally until it gets over 105 and then I go back into the air conditioning. Obviously I have a TV by the pool so that I can watch my football.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 13th, 2021 at 9:21:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: DRich
I spend 4 hours in the sun every Sunday morning golfing. I also sit out by my pool occasionally until it gets over 105 and then I go back into the air conditioning. Obviously I have a TV by the pool so that I can watch my football.

Did you ever resolve your pool light issue?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 13th, 2021 at 11:46:23 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Did you ever resolve your pool light issue?

No, I just completely ignored it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 13th, 2021 at 1:34:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
No, I just completely ignored it.
Turns out mine was surprisingly easy and quick to change. I didn't realize that the conduit from the nearest box is piped right to the back of the light, so they just undo the wiring and pull the light out, with an extra pull string which is used to pull the new wiring back through the conduit to the box. Bitty boop, bitty bam, done. Cost a hell of a lot more than I thought it should, but that's pool life.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 13th, 2021 at 2:56:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
Turns out mine was surprisingly easy and quick to change. I didn't realize that the conduit from the nearest box is piped right to the back of the light, so they just undo the wiring and pull the light out, with an extra pull string which is used to pull the new wiring back through the conduit to the box. Bitty boop, bitty bam, done. Cost a hell of a lot more than I thought it should, but that's pool life.

In-ground pools we're really big in Michigan in the 60s 70s and 80s but it was just too much work for something you can only use in the summertime so almost everybody I know filled there's in and made a patio out of it. I know a couple people who have above ground pools but those cost a fraction of what an inground pool cost.
September 13th, 2021 at 3:19:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
In-ground pools we're really big in Michigan in the 60s 70s and 80s but it was just too much work for something you can only use in the summertime so almost everybody I know filled there's in and made a patio out of it. I know a couple people who have above ground pools but those cost a fraction of what an inground pool cost.

Lots of places ban above ground now. Almost a two year wait for an in ground these days.
The President is a fink.