Do it yourself

January 14th, 2017 at 12:36:50 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Tolerances for building a home are less strict than tolerances for building a book case. Mistakes though can be costly. One guy laid a two by four on the ground and yelled mark it to the guy at the other end. They marked different sides of the two by four, so the resulting wall was eight degrees out of plumb and the inspector said tear the whole wall down.
January 14th, 2017 at 12:38:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
New battery from Japan..... red is negative and black is positive. Want to learn skills? What about skills already learned: red is positive and black is negative.
i have a couple of rv deep discharge batteries. When hooking up, i never ever look at colors. Its positive to positive and negative to negative. I have paper tag on each wire with a plus and negative sign. Look for the same signs on the battery ignoring any colors
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2017 at 12:45:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
They marked different sides of the two by four, so the resulting wall was eight degrees out of plumb and the inspector said tear the whole wall down.

There's no way they got it plumb without
calling in a pro. Not possible, no way. Been
there, you'll be pulling your hair out doing
it yourself with no experience.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 14th, 2017 at 12:49:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The nice thing about youtube is not only do people show you how to do stuff they show the mistakes they made so you can avoid them. Furthermore, many of them will answer additional questions. And if that person won't, the next will. On top of that you can video or live stream what you are doing and let someone walk you through it if you need to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2017 at 2:12:57 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Anyone know how powerful a laser would have to be to peel various fruits and vegetables?

Potato, onion, cucumber, lime, lemon, alligator pear, etc.

Anyone know a resource I could look this stuff up in? Laser Geek's Home Companion or something?
January 16th, 2017 at 8:25:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Now this is living cheap. They even help with finding places without building codes.

http://www.naturalbuildingblog.com/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2017 at 10:44:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
There's no way they got it plumb without calling in a pro. Not possible, no way.
The closest they came to 'callling in a pro' was asking alot of questions at Home Depot. They kept video journals and blogs.The project was to repair their broken family (hubby had been violent). She is now a motivational speaker as well as a novelist who used to live in a writer's co-space in Philadelphia.
January 17th, 2017 at 11:24:19 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Asking questions at Hope Depot? That would be ok as long as they do the opposite of what those hackers tell them to do.
January 17th, 2017 at 11:50:18 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Anyone know how powerful a laser would have to be to peel various fruits and vegetables?

Potato, onion, cucumber, lime, lemon, alligator pear, etc.

Anyone know a resource I could look this stuff up in? Laser Geek's Home Companion or something?

10 watts can easily cut through human tissue. I think it would be pretty close to that... but wouldn't the heat from the tool damage the veggies?
January 18th, 2017 at 4:25:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Ayecarumba
... but wouldn't the heat from the tool damage the veggies?
Perhaps then a pulsed laser to do the peeling? Pulsed lasers tend to heat the substrate less than a steady laser. That is why pulsed lasers are used for rust removal without heating the underlying metal.

For ideas and technique for making things with 3d printing: 100kgarages.com. Questions can be answered and any tool other than a soldering iron, heat gun and third hand tool will be specifically listed along with a reasonable budget of materials and time.