Do it yourself

June 28th, 2017 at 1:24:21 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: DRich
...I am desperate at this point and am thinking about a white waterproof tape. The issue is the tape will be partially underwater when applied and it must stick to a Pebble-Tec surface that is not smooth.

Any suggestions?

-- If the deck can take it, you could screw brackets to them, then drill holes in the Pebble-Tec to sink anchor bolts to keep them down.
-- If tape, "Gorilla" brand products are pretty good, but extreme heat and moisture will eat up just about every adhesive.
-- Could you put weight (patio furniture, bricks...your wife's car) on the top of the deck to force it down?
June 28th, 2017 at 1:38:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: DRich
I may just live without the light for another couple of years.

Just anchor a few of these at the edges. Led light is cheap. Probably get waterproof battery operated lights even for bottom of pool if you wanted. You might even be able to find something with remote switch, I don't know.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 13th, 2017 at 7:37:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Did a McGuyver today. Found 10 Hawaiian shirts
stowed away, wrinkled as hell. Haven't had an
iron in 30 years, my wife has one. Went to youtube
instead.

Took a 2qt saucepan and heated it to hot with
some spoons in it for weight. Laid a towel on the
table and a piece of parchment paper on top.
Dang if the hot pan didn't do as good or better
of a job than an iron. Slid like silk on the parchment.
I had forgotten how much work ironing is, no
wonder they wasted no time inventing permanent
press.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 2nd, 2017 at 7:09:14 PM permalink
rxwine
A home medical procedure without $$$$.

Here's the doctor approved version.

One guy's home version. Might be better one's but this is the one I found.

There is risk of injury. Fatal injury, probably not. Usual disclaimer, you're on your own.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2017 at 12:45:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Today, I had an idea to buy a trail camera ($60 new). I'll put it on tree facing the house, which will basically make it invisible unless you're well into the front yard. There it will double as a outdoor security camera keeping and eye on the front of the house and a wildlife camera. Be that wildlife just a neighbor's house cat. But I do get other things like raccoons and possums. Even deer, though I haven't actually seen one closer than a mile to where I live.

They're great. Take night and day photos, and the light they use at night is low nearly invisible light.
August 15th, 2017 at 7:02:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Take night and day photos, and the light they use at night is low nearly invisible light.
Many creatures see 'light' above and below what humans see. You may have to obscure human odors near the device. Good luck.
August 15th, 2017 at 7:26:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Fleastiff
Many creatures see 'light' above and below what humans see. You may have to obscure human odors near the device. Good luck.

They seem to work pretty well from what I've observed. You can leave them untouched for quite awhile before checking them.
August 15th, 2017 at 2:07:48 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I was thinking more of squirrels and racoons checking them.
August 15th, 2017 at 3:18:20 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Do you have to physically open the case to take out the memory card and replace batteries, or will it be wired? You can get solar powered or plug in, security cameras that transmit pictures and sound via your wireless router for pretty cheap nowadays. Maybe that is a more convenient option?
August 16th, 2017 at 12:08:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Ayecarumba
Do you have to physically open the case to take out the memory card and replace batteries, or will it be wired? You can get solar powered or plug in, security cameras that transmit pictures and sound via your wireless router for pretty cheap nowadays. Maybe that is a more convenient option?

IEverything I looked at was more expensive, and had things like the ability to talk to what ever you're seeing. Or if they were cheap they were indoors only.

I think the lighting systems may be different as well.