Do it yourself

September 22nd, 2019 at 12:29:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
A simple design change...

Used bathroom sink water is routed to the toilet reserve tank for second use.

It’s a design already in use, I didn’t think of it.

It’s a great idea to save water usage over the long run.

Might be a few hazards though.

Yuck. Dirty water in the toilet? Will look disgusting unless well filtered. Plenty of water here in the northeast, no thanks.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2019 at 1:07:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Don’t drink out of it.

I know what you’re saying though. Perhaps there is a filter, or a very low ratio mix.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2019 at 2:11:20 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
This guy was a marine, and airline pilot, and he's done Iron man competitions, but he said, even if you take all three and multiply by 100, mushroom farming is harder than that.
I don't know how any farmers do it. When you finally get a decent crop of something, the bottom falls out of the price you get for it.

With mushrooms, there's clearly the big wait between seeding and harvest, or even finding out if what you did worked. I haven't watched this yet though.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 22nd, 2019 at 2:49:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: odiousgambit
I don't know how any farmers do it. When you finally get a decent crop of something, the bottom falls out of the price you get for it.

With mushrooms, there's clearly the big wait between seeding and harvest, or even finding out if what you did worked. I haven't watched this yet though.

Probably why farming subsidies will always be necessary to support farming. Like everything, it has to have checks and balances.

Of course, it all may be done with solar and wind powered robots and monitored mostly by AI. They already have remote sensors for rain, sun, and temp.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 23rd, 2019 at 10:25:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Sensors and a Raspberry Pi controller are less than two hundred bucks.
October 31st, 2019 at 7:25:40 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
OK boys, it's learnin' time. I feel like I'm right there, like I have all these bits and pieces of info, and I just need em set in order and tied together and I'll have real knowledge. So I need your help. Calling the electricians. It's time for shop.

Topic:

I've gotten to the point this almost makes sense and I can almost "see" it, the way I can "see" an internal combustion engine work. But there's just a few symbols and concepts evading me, so here's hoping a convo will sort this out and maybe inspire some others.

This is a typical diagram; I picked this one because it's the harness to my wheeler and what inspired this post. I feel like I know and understand a bunch of what I'm looking at. Any rectangle / square / triangle with (COLOR) beneath it is a plug. The boxes within each of these shapes are pins, and the letters in each box correspond to the wire color. The lines are wires. The letters in the middle of each line are wire colors. Lines crossing means nothing. Lines crossing at a dot means the wire connects / splices there. Two dots separated with what looks like an open door is a switch. Two dots separated by a line that offsets and continues parallel is a fuse. Two dots separated by a zig zag squiggle is a resistor. And I know the purpose of each of these things. I know the two horizontal lines with one line being longer is the battery, and the longer line represents the positive side.

But I'm still missing something. Even something simple that I can physically see, like the battery (4) to the starter (7),... it's about as simple a thing, but I can't understand the diagram. Those few symbols I don't know (two concentric circles / triangle to rectangle) are part of the problem, but... I dunno. I got a block somewhere and it feels like it's something simple, something worth asking. This is grease monkey s#$%; it can't be that complicated, right?

Am I close to something real, or do I gotta do a whole bunch of reading before even thinking about this stuff?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 1st, 2019 at 5:33:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I don't know what a "wheeler" is per se, but I know how an engine and electrical system basically look.

Hard to say without seeing the real thing, but the concentric circles to me look to be some kind of post for the wire to connect to and from. One on each end of the battery, with B going to a ground and R going to the starter relay. IOW. just the battery post you jump to or from on a jump start. I'd suggest look and compare here.

Triangle to rectangle you got me. I'd need to dig in.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2019 at 10:39:28 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't know what a "wheeler" is per se...

"Four wheeler", aka ATV. A race one, too, so bare freaking bones. No EFI, no electric fuel pump, no reverse, no dash, no speedo/tach/odometer. I got two headlights (removed) a brake light (removed) a temp warning and neutral light (removed) and that's it for external electric. Inside, other than the myriad safety switches I've either confirmed good or overridden, there's the starter, the coil.... and that's about it. It's wide open and about as simple as you'd want. I just can't figure it out.

Quote: AZD
Hard to say without seeing the real thing

It's no easier when you see it lol

Quote: AZD
...but the concentric circles to me look to be some kind of post for the wire to connect to and from. One on each end of the battery, with B going to a ground and R going to the starter relay. IOW. just the battery post you jump to or from on a jump start. I'd suggest look and compare here.

I think so too, but that triangle>rectangle symbol is messing me up. And I can't find it nowhere, no matter how many pagers and trainers I've viewed.

Ugh, I just know I'm so gd close, and it's the difference between solving it for free in 5 min or paying $85/hr and losing my ride for 4 months. I can follow from #4-7 of batt, starter and relay to all the safety switches in the 20s. The coolant warning, neutral switch, clutch switch, kill switch. All the safety niggles that can fail and leave you dead in water. And I have the wherewithal to jump and/or override them in all cases and do resistance testing in some to eliminate these as possible causes, and have done so. I just can't get juice to #13 no matter what I try.

#13 is brand new. #12 tested good and I have a spare that I've tried with no result. #11 is untestable without a spare, but very, very rarely fails. #1 doesn't apply because I'm on battery power, #2 I don't think CAN fail, #4 and #5 are definitely good, and #6 I've bypassed. So why the s#$% can't I make fire?

Lol, I have grey hair now. Don't know if it's related, but wtf.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 1st, 2019 at 12:16:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Everything is binary and open or closed isn't it? Youtube is your friend.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 1st, 2019 at 12:33:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Face

Lol, I have grey hair now. Don't know if it's related, but wtf.

What, exactly, is the issue? What are you trying to fix?
The President is a fink.