Video Games

Page 15 of 17« First<121314151617>
September 22nd, 2021 at 8:34:32 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: DRich
Where I would disagree with you is people who join sports leagues and don't take it seriously. If you aren't going to take it seriously, don't join.

Sometimes I feel exactly the same about watching or playing sports as you feel about video games.

But at the end of the day, I really don’t care. I want people to take up whatever activity that makes them happy.
September 22nd, 2021 at 8:34:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
And games are competition. Don't play unless you are trying to win.

I was addressing this comment: "
I don't know why but I still look down at people who are over 30 and playing video games.
That last word in particular.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2021 at 12:54:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: gamerfreak
Sometimes I feel exactly the same about watching or playing sports as you feel about video games.

But at the end of the day, I really don’t care. I want people to take up whatever activity that makes them happy.

I agree, I am just more disappointed in myself for even caring what others are doing.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 19th, 2022 at 4:43:05 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Currently playing Into the Radius
It's VR virtual reality
Single player survival shooter
Takes place in post-apocalyptic area of Russia
Very realistic handling of weapons regarding reloading
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 17th, 2022 at 11:57:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Just installed Civ 6 app on my Z=fold. Haven't really tried playing this game on anything smaller than a laptop screen. The free game gives you 60 free moves. So, that will be a good test.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 17th, 2022 at 4:00:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Just installed Civ 6 app on my Z=fold. Haven't really tried playing this game on anything smaller than a laptop screen. The free game gives you 60 free moves. So, that will be a good test.

You will be addicted by 60.
November 3rd, 2022 at 6:51:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
You will be addicted by 60.

I was lackadaisically making a couple moves on average every day.

Yup.

Gonna purchase it.

don't know about anyone else, but this game has an intimidating amount of information to learn before you can really get into it. I don't notice as much now since
I played several time on the Steam verson but there are still plenty of things to learn. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the game on a small screen.

AFAICT they squeezed the entire game onto the App.
December 7th, 2022 at 8:03:08 PM permalink
rxwine
I just finished a marathon session of Civilization 6. 1262 moves. I think I'll go back to the 500 moves setup: that's just too long.

Even though the game more or less works like the real world, when you actually describe the gaming situations that occur in the game it sounds pretty odd. I was about to conquer London with Montezuma and his Aztec empire. My army was fighting with pre-civil war weapons, and some barbarians rolled in with anti-tank weapons and I had to eventually retreat or suffer catastrophic losses.
December 8th, 2022 at 4:48:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I just finished a marathon session of Civilization 6. 1262 moves. I think I'll go back to the 500 moves setup: that's just too long.

Even though the game more or less works like the real world, when you actually describe the gaming situations that occur in the game it sounds pretty odd. I was about to conquer London with Montezuma and his Aztec empire. My army was fighting with pre-civil war weapons, and some barbarians rolled in with anti-tank weapons and I had to eventually retreat or suffer catastrophic losses.

Why not just use nukes and conquer everyone?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 8th, 2022 at 6:26:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Why not just use nukes and conquer everyone?

Nukes don't grow on trees!

The black and green glowing landscape they leave behind is kind of attractive.
Page 15 of 17« First<121314151617>