Video Games

Page 9 of 9« First<6789
October 27th, 2018 at 5:00:52 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Pretty sure all stories in open world games are linear. Even Skyrim is point to point if you're just playing the story.

I spent literal days in RDR just hunting and picking flowers, killing trail robbers and hucksters, lassoing and dragging people who looked at me funny until they died. Hog tie some dude and leave him in the mountains. Tie up a lass and toss her on the train tracks (and then along came Jones). A vast majority of my time was off the trail.

Question: seems a huge percentage of clips and pics I've seen have all had 2'+ of snow in them. Is snow that prominent, or are that many people really that much in awe of shrinking horse balls? When I think "southern border", a blizzard isn't really what comes to mind.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 27th, 2018 at 5:31:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 44
Quote: Face
Pretty sure all stories in open world games are linear. Even Skyrim is point to point if you're just playing the story.

I spent literal days in RDR just hunting and picking flowers, killing trail robbers and hucksters, lassoing and dragging people who looked at me funny until they died. Hog tie some dude and leave him in the mountains. Tie up a lass and toss her on the train tracks (and then along came Jones). A vast majority of my time was off the trail.

Question: seems a huge percentage of clips and pics I've seen have all had 2'+ of snow in them. Is snow that prominent, or are that many people really that much in awe of shrinking horse balls? When I think "southern border", a blizzard isn't really what comes to mind.

The 1st 2 hours are very linear taking place in the Mountains in the deep snow winter. Its the 1st chapter. No open world yet. It sets up the overall story.
After 2 hours, 2nd chapter starts and your group sets up camp in typical Western open fields, forest, canyons, town area and the world is now open to explore with no snow.
A ton of cut scenes in the game. Its like 1/2 video game, 1/2 movie with lots and lots of cut scenes.
I'm enjoying it more as the game mechanics are becoming more familiar.
I've collected a bounty, collected debts for my groups loan shark, murdered rival gang members, looted bodies, played no limit texas holdem, hunted deer with bow and arrow.
Currently got ahold of a treasure map and following that path right now
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 27th, 2018 at 6:16:48 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Ah, so it starts just like GTA. A bunch of forced, can't-possiblay-stray gameplay to set up the story and force a controller tutorial, then sort of dumps you into the open world portion. That's acceptable (tho annoying)

Forgot about treasure hunting. Yup, did a lot of that, too. Clearing gangs, collecting bounties, and lots and lots of backroom BJ. Pretty easy to count a single deck =) Then lose it all at poker and go on a 10 day massacre eradicating coyotes to replenish your bankroll. Such a good game =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 9 of 9« First<6789