Alternative medicine

Page 1 of 212>
March 19th, 2015 at 11:16:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
This looked reminiscent of Tesla's "waves that heal".

http://www.sciencealert.com/new-alzheimer-s-treatment-fully-restores-memory-function

How wonderful it would be to turn Alzheimers disease around for sufferers and family's.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 20th, 2015 at 6:01:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
This looked reminiscent of Tesla's "waves that heal". How wonderful it would be to turn Alzheimers disease around for sufferers and family's.
We use ultrasound in echolocation, intruder detection, dishwashers, laundry machines, and pounding renal stones to powder. Why not amyloid accumulations in glial cells. More and more phototherapy is being used, often extracorporeal phototherapy. Chelation patients swear by their bottle drips as cures for everything.

Beware the term alternative medicine though... often it just means an alternative to Park Avenue or Harley Street.
March 20th, 2015 at 9:55:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Ever hear of "Quackwatch"? http://www.quackwatch.org/00AboutQuackwatch/new.html

It is a site with plenty of info exposing all kinds of alternative cures or treatments. If you know of anyone taking "eye of newt" or similar snake oil you might send them here for a different viewpoint on their treatment of choice.

You can pretty easily follow along and search by either State, or treatment or Dr. Easy to find about anything. This site seems to disagree with anything herbal or nutritional used for healing.

Fleastiff posted Chelation. I went to this site and there is a thread or two or three about just Chelation therapy. Interestingly enough, the FDA approves Chelation therapy for removal of heavy metals.

Also here: http://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/Chelation_therapy_for_cardiovascular_disease

This article from the 106th congress [http://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/Chelation_therapy_for_cardiovascular_disease] testimony of the official hearing record for government reform, in it is testimony by several alternative but AMA board certified physicians who chose to give testimony as to the efficacy of Chelation therapy for use with cardiac patients as well as cancer patients.

Page 17 "Prescriptions are the 4th leading cause of death".

Pg, 20 Study in Denmark states Chelation has relieved the need for cardiac surgery in 58 of 65 patients.

pg. 26 Board certified John Hopkins trained oncologist testifies for Chelation, states he has used it and witnessed the benefits to cancer patients, aids patients and cardiac patients.

So, who you going to believe? I have personally had several I.V. Chelation treatments. I had a 13 month post surgery follow up by my ENT yesterday, again he told me that I am an anomaly. I think he expected my cancer to return as I refused radiation and chemo. About ten months ago, when I asked him "how long" he stated "months". We'll see? As far as yesterday, he was pretty amazed, I will see him again to be scoped in 3 months. I haven't told him about the Chelation.
March 20th, 2015 at 10:43:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I just typed chelation therapy because it popped into my mind. Its used in Soviet Medicine a great deal, as is hyperbaric oxygenation. In the USA its frowned upon for just about any other use than heavy metal intoxication.

Alot of disputes arise from fundamental questions of disease states: the euthyroid sick syndrome, atrial fibrillation, etc.
Consider atrial fibrillation: Most everyone accepts it as a disease but some doctors are beginning to view it as a heart's adaptive coping mechanism. There are fundamental disputes as to cardiac signal propagation. Few doctors think of skin tags as being involved in cardiac signaling or periodontal disease being linked to cardiology.

Consider sleep apnea: everyone thinks airway, weight loss, etc. but viewing it as a kidney disease is hard for doctors to embrace.
March 21st, 2015 at 11:36:32 AM permalink
petroglyph
http://www.naturalnews.com/036804_prescription_drugs_fatal_side_effects_supplements.html#ixzz3V2DlPm5C

The GI Dr. at the Mayo said that I take to many vitamins and that vitamins are drugs. I thought whole food vitamins came from foods I might have ordinarily eaten in a good balanced diet?

If I take a vit C that is bad, but it is ok to eat an orange or rose hips? OK, I could understand what she was saying but I got confused when she wanted me to take a class on how to inject myself, every other day with some drug to make me pooh.

I could understand disagreeing about natural herbs etc, but when she thought it best for me to take chemo, radiation and start injecting myself to have a bm, I got lost.

Anyway the linked article says supplements are 62 thousand times safer than prescriptions. And in a linked article above, prescriptions are the 4th leading cause of death.

Question: if taking a vitamin B is the same as taking a drug, what is it if I eat processed food that I can't even pronounce the ingredients? They put HFCS, MSG, Hydrogenated Lard, Tricalcium phosphate, Thiamine mononitrate, etc, etc, in my food, but the medical profession tells me taking [as far as I can tell] organic vitamins, with good practices seals on them is not only quackery but dangerous. I have difficulty making it compute in my brain.
March 21st, 2015 at 2:05:27 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I don't know if its "vitamins" or "undisclosed vitamins" that they object to. Vitamins are drugs. And if you take ten vitamins you are taking ten drugs, probably a few of them wasted and a few of them working against each other and having some side effects.

Most vitamins are obtained from bacteria, many are subject to poor quality control in manufacture and distribution. Often the prices are absurd. Often the fillers provide problems even if the vitamins are okay.

I'm a former vitamin volunteer at the VA. For almost fifteen years, I was one of the official "necks" involved in hardware/software interfaces for MRIs. For some reason, they prefer continuity in subjects when judging improvements in transducers or software routines. I was available on short notice for the Experimental Imaging Lab as a volunteer subject, not a patient.

For years it was thought that the body took all the nutrients that it needed and any vitamin intake was equivalent to making a donation to the sewer system. Not only the husband and wife team at MIT quashed that theory but a whole generation of vitamin guzzling medical students helped to change attitudes. You should however know precisely why you are taking a vitamin and which reactions you are trying to drive in a certain direction. You should also know the side effects.

In general, I would recommend vitamins over drugs and drugs over surgery.
March 21st, 2015 at 2:40:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Any thoughts on colloidal silver or collidal minerals?

Thoughts on H2O2 therapy's?

I have read but, I am certainly no chemist or scientist of the benefits of Vitamin C.

I have also read of Linus Pauling, http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php , the vitamin C guru. I currently am under the belief that Vit, C is not retained in the body and will soon be eliminated.

I am not aware of any side effects other than at some amount, [around 6K I.U.] people start to get diarrhea. Do you think differently?

Moving next to the sunshine Vitamin and immunity.
March 21st, 2015 at 7:13:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
<Any thoughts on colloidal silver or collidal minerals?
Heck why do the newly rich Chinese drink these four hundred dollar cups of coffee with silver and gold in it?

>Thoughts on H2O2 therapy's?
Two decades ago I got an email from someone who said my suggestions had radically improved his life, and I didn't even suggest he use food grade hydrogen peroxide. The three percent stuff from the drug store has three undisclosed ingredients in it that are best avoided.

>I have read but, I am certainly no chemist or scientist of the benefits of Vitamin C.
Heck, it took the Royal Navy two decades to adopt "limes" as an antiscorbutic treatment.
Hungarians have praprika in winter because they get little vitamin c from their diet. They didn't know it was high in vitamin c, they only knew it worked.

>I am not aware of any side effects other than at some amount, people start to get diarrhea. Do you think differently?
Yes, over abundance of vitamin c affects mineral and vitamin uptake profiles well before such mega amounts.

Vitamin D comes in many formes, the skeleton is one of the largest endocrine glands. The long touted fifteen minutes of sunshine a day in New England is all the vitamin D you need is clearly hogwash and always was. Many diseases have a latitude prevalence and the main difference is sunshine. Many hospitals now give a strong mouthwash and a good dose of Vitamin D to all patients entering for elective surgery, it helps combat hospital ventilation, hospital food and prolonged horizontal attitude.
March 21st, 2015 at 9:34:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
<Any thoughts on colloidal silver or collidal minerals?
Heck why do the newly rich Chinese drink these four hundred dollar cups of coffee with silver and gold in it?
Have you ever seen "the China study" as regards cancer? http://www.socakajak-klub.si/mma/The%20China%20Study.pdf/20111116065942/

>Thoughts on H2O2 therapy's?
Quote:
Two decades ago I got an email from someone who said my suggestions had radically improved his life, and I didn't even suggest he use food grade hydrogen peroxide. The three percent stuff from the drug store has three undisclosed ingredients in it that are best avoided.
I believe the additives are stabilizers. I have replaced a 5% bleach solution in my kitchen's spray bottle with 3% food grade h202. It seems to work fine, also as a vegetable rinse in a further diluted solution. Along with IV Chelation, I have had IV H202 drips. I believe the thinking on the peroxide is it only kills anaerobic bacteria while leaving aerobic bacteria to prosper. It makes a good mouth wash and brushing medium. Between that and baking soda it is a great teeth whitener. Heals up bloody gums pretty quick.

Hospital's are experiencing a recurrence of the use of silver nano particle technology in sterilization of doorknobs etc. [you are probably well aware] It was thought that one reason the Roman army was so successful is because they stayed healthier, by drinking nightly wine with their pay from the day in silver, placed in their evening wine?

Quote:
Yes, over abundance of vitamin c affects mineral and vitamin uptake profiles well before such mega amounts.
Pauling did outlive all his critics

Quote:
Vitamin D comes in many formes, the skeleton is one of the largest endocrine glands. The long touted fifteen minutes of sunshine a day in New England is all the vitamin D you need is clearly hogwash and always was. Many diseases have a latitude prevalence and the main difference is sunshine. Many hospitals now give a strong mouthwash and a good dose of Vitamin D to all patients entering for elective surgery, it helps combat hospital ventilation, hospital food and prolonged horizontal attitude.

Don't hospitals suggest and even give forms of vitamin E?

The water here is so hard [AZ.] that most everyone uses a reverse osmosis [RO] water purifier. It comes out so hot [low ph] that it sucks many of the minerals out of our bodies. My local surgeon said everyone in town needs to be taking Magnesium, twice daily [400mg], confirmed by other local allopathic professional medical sources,,,thoughts?
March 22nd, 2015 at 12:50:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
How about a nice pro-biotic? How can our bodies extract the minerals and nutrients from food grown in these depleted soils, especially with GMO non crop rotated fields?
Page 1 of 212>