Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

April 5th, 2020 at 8:56:56 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Tiger king was fantastic, one of my favorite things on Netflix this year

Ozark S3 was also great. I didn’t really like the S2 but S3 was way better.

Other than that I’ve been rewatching Sopranos.
April 5th, 2020 at 9:43:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: gamerfreak
Tiger king was fantastic,

What about it did you like, exactly. I'm
really curious for details.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 5th, 2020 at 2:28:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It's a shame that when it came time to terminate the large cats Joe couldn't sell the hides and meat. The pelts are highly sought after and I'm pretty sure the meat is good.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 6th, 2020 at 10:56:09 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
HBO put 9 series, 10 documentaries, and 20 movies on HBO Now or HBO Go for free. You cannot watch on cable TV, TiVo or Roku, but it works on browsers and Cell phones(Android or apple) and I don't know about Amazon Fire or other brands.

Barry, is a dark comedy-drama which aired 16 episodes from March 25, 2018 - May 19, 2019. Principal actors are Bill Hader, Stephen Root, Henry Winkler and Sarah Goldberg.

Barry is a depressed ex-marine who is working as a low-level hitman in the midwest. He has an internal code of conduct that allows him to kill "bad" middle-aged men. He gets a contract in Los Angeles to kill a young stud who made the mistake of having an affair with the wife of Chechnyan mob leader

His attempt to start a new career leads him down a sorry path. Reviews were 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

April 6th, 2020 at 11:19:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I really enjoy Barry.

The season 2 episode titled ronny/lily was THE FUNNIEST episode of TV last year.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2020 at 2:09:48 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
What about it did you like, exactly. I'm
really curious for details.

We’ve all known that most people that keep exotic animals as pets are f’in weird. The docuseries shows you how bizzare that world is with a train wreck story that is hard to look away from.
April 6th, 2020 at 2:43:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Was skimming through Netflix selection and the category "popular now" had the movie Badlands. I like westerns so we clicked on it. It was one of the poorest imitations at an Eastwood knockoff I have ever seen.

It will be hard to believe if they aren't sued for imitating Clint. Besides that the rest of the movie was an equal waste of life watching it.
April 6th, 2020 at 2:47:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
We’ve all known that most people that keep exotic animals as pets are f’in weird. The docuseries shows you how bizzare that world is with a train wreck story that is hard to look away from.
When I lived near Mt. St. Helens, we had a neighbor who had a lion. He built tunnel runs out of cyclone fence so the lion could get up to speed once in a while.

It was concerning about if it would get loose. Did you see the cost of feeding those giant cats?
April 6th, 2020 at 4:06:01 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Near the Appalachian trail very close to me, this woman kept a bear, a tiger, and a mountain lion. The bear was 9 years old and she had raised it from a cub. She was cleaning the cage the same way she had done a thousand times before and the 350 lb bear killed her in front of her kids.
April 6th, 2020 at 5:19:48 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Wild animal gonna wild animal

I have zero sympathy for people that attempt to domesticate wild animals (dogs and house cats have been domesticated over centuries)

This is like those idiots that get out of the jeeps while on safari to get a photo