Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

December 24th, 2021 at 6:07:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Oh, so he's some sort of supernatural guy? Yeah, not really interested. Thank you for the rundown on it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 24th, 2021 at 11:32:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Mission146
Oh, so he's some sort of supernatural guy? Yeah, not really interested. Thank you for the rundown on it.

It is a fantasy, complete with wizards, witches, elves and dwarves.
December 24th, 2021 at 12:53:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
It is a fantasy, complete with wizards, witches, elves and dwarves.

One of the regular cast members from Downton Abbey showed up in episode 3 as one of the elves. I almost didn't recognize him with the long hair and the ears.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2021 at 5:45:23 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
One of the regular cast members from Downton Abbey showed up in episode 3 as one of the elves. I almost didn't recognize him with the long hair and the ears.

Simon Callow has a role in a later episode. He is often remembered for playing Gareth who dies and is honored in a funeral elegy in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" in 1994.

These are the 7 new parts for season #2

Ba’lian (Downton Abbey's Kevin Doyle), is an entirely new creation for the monster-hunting mythos.

Bridgerton's Adjoa Andoh leads the new list of newcomers as Nenneke.

Cassie Clare (Brave New World) in the role of Phillippa Eilhart, "an advisor to Redania’s King Vizimir II and leader of the Lodge of Sorceresses."

Devs alum Liz Carr is set to play Fenn, former "partner in a law firm and detective agency in Dorian."

Fenn's partner, Codringher, will be portrayed by Simon Callow (Four Weddings and a Funeral).

Graham McTavish (Outlander, The Hobbit) has secured the part of Dijkstra an ex-"master spy and head of special forces for the kingdom of Redania."

Chris Fulton (Outlaw King) as Rience, "a a mage who was instructed to find Ciri after she disappeared during the slaughter of Cintra."
December 25th, 2021 at 12:02:48 PM permalink
Evenbob

Ba’lian (Downton Abbey's Kevin Doyle), "

He appeared and was killed off in the same episode. What a waste.
He was a major player in Downton Abbey I believe he was in every episode.
His character probably evolved more than anybody else in the cast.
He started out as a valet and had various other jobs and ended up as a school teacher.
He was never one of the main characters yet I cannot imagine the series without him.
He was basically the comic relief.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2021 at 1:14:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
He appeared and was killed off in the same episode. What a waste.

IMDB says none of the seven new actors are in all 8 episodes. But they are all in 3 to 5 episodes
5 Kevin Doyle -(Downton Abbey ), Ba’lian is an entirely new creation for the monster-hunting mythos.
5 Simon Callow (Four Weddings and a Funeral ) Codringher, Fenn's partner
5 Graham McTavish (Outlander, The Hobbit ) Dijkstra an ex-"master spy ."
5 Chris Fulton (Outlaw King) as Rience, "a a mage who was instructed to find Ciri after she disappeared during the slaughter of Cintra."
4 Cassie Clare (Brave New World) in the role of Phillippa Eilhart, "leader of the Lodge of Sorceresses."
4 Liz Carr (Devs) Fenn, former "partner in a law firm and detective agency in Dorian."
3 Adjoa Andoh (Bridgerton) Nenneke.

Devs

The Wild Hunt
December 26th, 2021 at 8:22:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
IMDB says none of the seven new actors are in all 8 episodes. But they are all in 3 to 5 episodes
5 Kevin Doyle -(Downton Abbey ), Ba’lian is an entirely new creation for the monster-hunting mythos.

Not possible. I've watched 5 episodes out of eight he was only in one it looked like he got killed. He was cowardly and failed to help his friend so he sacrificed himself and was killed. Why he would come back would be a mystery. Even if he was in the last 3 episodes that would just be 4 episodes he was in. I've seen IMDb make mistakes like this over and over and over.

I looked into maybe reading the books but I didn't like the way they were written so I'm not going to bother. It's like they're written for teenagers.
December 29th, 2021 at 9:21:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
There is a documentary on Netflix called the making of The Witcher. I had no idea Henry Cavill was British because he has an American accent on the show and everybody else on the show has a British accent. Makes no sense. And I knew on the show they were beefing up how deep is voice is because in the documentary his voice isn't that deep.
December 29th, 2021 at 6:45:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Don’t Look Up (Netflix)

I enjoyed it (but let’s be real, I’m totally in the choir that it is preaching to).

Could have been funnier, but overall I found it entertaining.

And the post credits scene was a huge highlight.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 30th, 2021 at 9:07:55 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: ams288
Don’t Look Up (Netflix)

I enjoyed it (but let’s be real, I’m totally in the choir that it is preaching to).

Could have been funnier, but overall I found it entertaining.

And the post credits scene was a huge highlight.

I thought they nailed creepy billionaire as the perfect average of Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, and Mark Zuckerberg.