Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

June 4th, 2017 at 11:33:51 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
This is going to be an awesome 4 part interview of Vladimir Putin by Oliver Stone. It will show on Showtime next weekend. I'm going to activate my free month on Showtime to watch it. Watch the trailers here. It's interesting that Putin is doing the driving, it reminds me of me and friends at an earlier age just driving in the countryside shooting the breeze. I respect Putin more all the time. He say's here and explains why, Snowden is not a traitor although not agreeing with what he did.

Get a different perspective than what you have been seeing on the MSM. Western citizens finding out they are being bamboozled by their press may be the difference between conflict and no conflict with the other 2 "world powers".

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-03/putin-snowden-not-traitor
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 9th, 2017 at 1:37:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Amazon
Long strange trip
4hr documentary on the Grateful Dead
Very well done
But
It just scratched the surface
To much missing, Where is Mountain Girl, Mickeys father that ripped off the band. Betty Cantor soundboards, Bruce Hornsby, Bob Dylan. Front St Studios, Lowell George, not enough Bobby ect
A non deadhead will think the Band was all Jerry when in reality, he only sang and wrote half the songs
Overall, it was still pretty good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 21st, 2017 at 1:54:16 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Star Trek Discovery is coming to Netflix worldwide on September, except to the US and Canada.

As I understand it, they'll show weekly eps. If so, i may hold out on Netflix until the first season is over. I don't expect Rick and Morty to air on Netflix until next year anyway.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 21st, 2017 at 4:42:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I believe in the us and Canada the streaming cbs service will hold the exclusive broadcast rights after the first episode or two goes out over the air.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 22nd, 2017 at 3:22:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Hemingway has been taught in colleges since 1930. Spillane, not so much. If at all.
Have you looked at sales figures, best seller lists?
June 22nd, 2017 at 3:28:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: ams288
The Keepers
A new true crime documentary series on Netflix about the 1969 murder of a 26 year old nun.
I'm in the middle of episode 2 right now and damn this is some DARK stuff. Disturbing.
Don't know what case this is, but I can tell you it wasn't the butler that did it. It was the Priest that did it. The Church knew. The Church covered it up. Dozens of Priests and Bishops helped in the cover up.
Sorry if this spoils it for you. Even sorrier if you didn't know this right off. I bet the local cops knew too.
June 22nd, 2017 at 4:42:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Fleastiff
Don't know what case this is, but I can tell you it wasn't the butler that did it. It was the Priest that did it. The Church knew. The Church covered it up. Dozens of Priests and Bishops helped in the cover up.
Sorry if this spoils it for you. Even sorrier if you didn't know this right off. I bet the local cops knew too.

Yes... the cops were in on the coverup and the local DAs basically worked for the church.

The priests were abusing high school girls at their school and often invited cops and other community members to join in on the "fun" while they watched.

It was a very disturbing series to watch...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 22nd, 2017 at 8:37:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: ams288
It was a very disturbing series to watch...
I know alot of people jumped on the compensation bandwagon when the news broke in Boston but I'm sure there were many who kept silent during all those scandals. Institutions always put their own interests first, but I doubt there are very many murderous priests.
June 22nd, 2017 at 8:49:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Fleastiff
Institutions always put their own interests first, but I doubt there are very many murderous priests.

Just to be clear: it's not likely the priest did it in this case. But it seems very very likely that someone did it at his behest.

And before the nun's body was discovered, one of the priest's sexual abuse victims claims that he took her to the woods and showed her the body to scare her into submission.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 6th, 2017 at 7:51:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Amazon streaming
Just watched a documentary
Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles (2011)
It was pretty good.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"