Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

November 28th, 2018 at 12:46:33 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
whoops wrong thread
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 8th, 2018 at 7:22:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, on Prime.

I got a free three month trial of Prime through my Amex card so I watched the first episode last night.

Loved it.

The show was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, the creative forces behind Gilmore Girls. So you know it’s gonna be great (yeah, I know this is board is predominately male, but Gilmore Girls was great).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 8th, 2018 at 8:51:46 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288
I got a free three month trial of Prime through my Amex card so I watched the first episode last night.

Loved it.

The show was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, the creative forces behind Gilmore Girls. So you know it’s gonna be great (yeah, I know this is board is predominately male, but Gilmore Girls was great).

I watched the first two episodes last night - I enjoyed them - performances a little over the top but, that being said, I will continue to watch (especially if Mrs. Maisel continues to flash those amazing breasts)
December 8th, 2018 at 9:47:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
I watched the first two episodes last night - I enjoyed them - performances a little over the top but, that being said, I will continue to watch (especially if Mrs. Maisel continues to flash those amazing breasts)

I'm almost done with season 2, she does
no more flashing. This show is wonderful,
it captures the late 50's perfectly. Great
character development, great story,
over the top production values. If only
all of TV were this outstanding.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 24th, 2018 at 5:50:17 AM permalink
ams288
Bird Box

Post apocalyptic tale starring Sandra Bullock as a mom trying to get her two kids to safety in a world filled with creatures that make you want to kill yourself if you look at them.

A little melodramatic in parts, but suspenseful enough to hold my attention for two hours. I thought the two little kids gave good performances.
December 24th, 2018 at 5:55:02 AM permalink
aceofspades
Bird Box

Post apocalyptic tale starring Sandra Bullock as a mom trying to get her two kids to safety in a world filled with creatures that make you want to kill yourself if you look at them.

A little melodramatic in parts, but suspenseful enough to hold my attention for two hours. I thought the two little kids gave good performances.

Are her kids and her the only survivors?
December 24th, 2018 at 7:46:32 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: aceofspades
Are her kids and her the only survivors?

No, there are others.
December 24th, 2018 at 7:48:28 AM permalink
aceofspades
No, there are others.

I might check it out - I was surprised that it was over 2 hours long

If you like apocalyptic-themed movies - try this one on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/80080491
December 24th, 2018 at 9:53:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Bird Box

Thumbs up on the house scenes
Thumbs down on the river scenes
I liked the spot they ended up in at the end. Makes a lot of sense how those people survived
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 24th, 2018 at 10:06:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
in a world filled with creatures that make you want to kill yourself .

The thought of watching Sandra Bullock
for 2 hours has that effect on me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.