Clarkson Sacked, Top Gear Dead

Page 3 of 4<1234>
March 26th, 2015 at 1:03:25 PM permalink
jml24
Threads: 0
Quote: Ayecarumba
I don't think the majority of viewers share your love of the "boys". If you were to ask them which had to go, the people or the cars, I suspect most would say the humans... Well, maybe everyone but "The Stig".

I don't agree. My wife is not a car person at all but she loves Top Gear. Nothing makes her laugh as much as the early seasons. As another example, the US version of the show features the same sort of supercar reviews and crazy stunts but different people. It's not nearly as funny although the US hosts have grown on me a bit.
March 27th, 2015 at 9:48:52 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I admit the US version has also grown on me. It is one of the few shows my wife and I watch together.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 27th, 2015 at 10:13:18 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: jml24
I don't agree. My wife is not a car person at all but she loves Top Gear. Nothing makes her laugh as much as the early seasons..

I don't either, but since Aye used the qualifier "most", I didn't have room to fight it =p They did get several petitions totaling a million+ signatures. But as they are worldwide with millions of viewers, maybe "most" really wouldn't agree. Maybe Aye is right.

But I know I personally would watch them if they were testing, I dunno, orthopedic shoes. If all I cared about was supercars and carnage, I have YouTube. Everything they offer on that front is something I watch with my kid every week anyways. But there's only one place I can get Jezza, Dick, and Jim. And now it's gone =(

When mom asks what I want for my birthday, at least I'll finally have an answer for her.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 9th, 2015 at 3:16:24 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Next Top Gear presenter is to be the only recently unemployed Nigel Farage.
May 9th, 2015 at 9:59:13 AM permalink
Face
Have no idea who that is.

Anyways, there are only three Top Gear presenters. Anything else isn't Top Gear.

I heard all held the line and are staying as a package. Last I checked, there are options and it appears all are going to pursue one of them. One is that they return to the BBC. After all, their contract was simply not renewed. Didn't say anything about bans or the like. The other was ITV (or was it SkyTV?) I dunno, another channel over there. A third was Netflix. In other words, perhaps I was hasty about declaring it "dead".
May 9th, 2015 at 11:55:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Face
Have no idea who that is.
Until two days ago he was leader of the UK Independence Party.

Quote: Face
I heard all held the line and are staying as a package.
They've been meeting and filming in the East End in secret. The main problem is that the BBC is so scandal ridden they are trying to appear pure and avoid all controversy.

I still think the funniest thing to come out of this was his daughter's crack on Twitter....Please take him back, BBC, he is starting to cook dinners for us.
February 24th, 2016 at 3:40:16 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
I still think the funniest thing to come out of this was his daughter's crack on Twitter....Please take him back, BBC, he is starting to cook dinners for us.

Obviously the BBC did not take him back and he has now had to pay 194 in damages to the producer he attacked.
February 25th, 2016 at 7:55:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Obviously the BBC did not take him back and he has now had to pay 194 thousand in damages to the producer he attacked.
November 18th, 2016 at 9:34:00 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Obviously the BBC did not take him back and he has now had to pay 194 thousand in damages to the producer he attacked.
Don't worry Face. It seems that the current USA version with Clarkson back in the saddle is having rave reviews.
The Grand Tour will be streamed by Amazon to over 200 countries.
November 18th, 2016 at 2:19:05 PM permalink
Face
I wasn't worried. This is one thing where I didn't fear that the "stage" was part of the show. It's not "Top Gear" or "The BBC" that made it what it is. Granted, it WAS the BBC that made it so over the top and allowed big money productions, but I could watch them three in a storage room performing telemarketing and it'd probably be my favorite show.

All the damnable Amazon packages are even colored different to bring attention to the premier. Been seeing them last two weeks now. Took about 8 days before I realized it was an ad for The Grand Tour lol.

It'll be great, I've no fear. I've now just gotta figure out how to obtain it.
Page 3 of 4<1234>