from the ancient Egyptian Horus myth.
It's interesting that Christian apologists
froth at the mouth over this subject.
Some even say Satan made up the
Horus myth centuries ago to debunk
the Jesus myth, which he knew was
coming! lol

Some parallels between Horus and Jesus Christ:

1. Horus born of a virgin. Jesus born of a virgin.

2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. Jesus was fostered by Joseph.

3. Horus was of royal descent. Jesus was of royal descent.

4. Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts. Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.

5. The birth of Horus announced by angels. The birth of Jesus announced by angels.

6. Herut tried to murder the infant Horus. Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.

7. Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river. Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.

8. Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [Sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain. Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.

9. Horus had 12 followers. Jesus had 12 disciples.

10. Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water. Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.

11. Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.

12. Horus was buried and resurrected in the city of Anu. The place Bethany mentioned in John was a derivative of the words “Bet” and “Anu” which translates “the house of Anu”. The ‘y’ on the end of bethany is interchangeable with the letter ‘u’.

13. Horus was killed by crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified.

14. Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified with two thieves.

15. Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu. Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [Bet-Anu].

16. Horus was resurrected after 3 days. Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.

17. The resurrection of Horus was announced by three women. The resurrection of Jesus was announced by three women.

18. Horus was given the titel KRST which means “anointed one” Jesus was given the title Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 25th, 2015 at 8:15:49 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I should probably let Nareed debunk most of these claims. It is an example of allowing one's prejudice to create myths of myths to try and make a point. Unfortunately, truth wins in the end and you cannot find all these things as presented in Egyptian mythology.

For example it is hard to call Horus born of a virgin when his mother reassembled the parts of the deceased father but unfortunately the penis was swallowed by a catfish in the Nile (I'm not making this up). The accounts differ but she used her magic to make a golden penis and Horus was conceived. Not exactly the story of the Virgin Mary is it?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 25th, 2015 at 9:37:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
I should probably let Nareed debunk most of these claims.

Oh, but you'd enjoy it far more than I. Go ahead. Carpe the diem!

Besides, I make it a principle not to read posts by certain users.

Quote:
For example it is hard to call Horus born of a virgin when his mother reassembled the parts of the deceased father but unfortunately the penis was swallowed by a catfish in the Nile (I'm not making this up).

This would be a very good place for a snide comment on what is made up. Alas, with the twenty minutes I slept in the past 24 hours, I'm at a loss.

BTW, fish go for fleshy parts of corpses, when they find any. Just saying.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 25th, 2015 at 11:25:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Unfortunately, truth wins in the end

Indeed. As I said, this subject drives Christian
apologists into states of apoplexy. Enough of it
is true to cast serious doubts on the veracity of
the Jesus myth. Way too many coincidences
for it not to raise questions in any researcher.
Stealing from older stories is a time honored
tradition in myth making, the Jesus myth is
no different..

It's amazing that every single thing I post is
wrong. It has to be a record. Or, more than
likely, there's far more truth in it than certain
people will ever admit. But that's the falsehood
they have to live with, not me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2015 at 4:31:09 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Indeed. As I said, this subject drives Christian
apologists into states of apoplexy.

Not really. It's just a little bit sad that people are so desperate to be negative towards Christianity that they will distort and/or lie about ancient myths.

Quote:
Enough of it
is true to cast serious doubts on the veracity of
the Jesus myth.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Why don't you attempt to actually back up your so called coincidences with facts and ancient references?

Quote:
It's amazing that every single thing I post is
wrong.

It is amazing. It is also sad and frustrating. What is even more amazing is that you continue to persist in your falsehoods even when proven you are wrong or encouraged to think otherwise.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 26th, 2015 at 9:13:29 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: Nareed

Besides, I make it a principle not to read posts by certain users.

I'm not sure why but he's talking about me (and possibly others).

Kinda makes me wanna make a really insulting, off-topic remark.

Maybe next time...
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
March 26th, 2015 at 11:26:19 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
...his mother reassembled the parts of the deceased father but unfortunately the penis was swallowed by a catfish in the Nile (I'm not making this up).

Now you know how we feel =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 26th, 2015 at 12:00:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Not really.

It's worse than dealing with Scientolgy followers.
Everything said about them is wrong also. Unless
it's approved by the Church (Catholic or Mormon
or Scientology) and is in their talking points, it's
wrong. This is how cults operate. They keep a big
pitcher of Kool Aid by the door and everybody takes a big
gulp entering or leaving. I've said it before, I thank
the god I don't believe in every day for having
parents that didn't care about religion.
March 26th, 2015 at 1:46:11 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
It is also possible that, instead of all of them being wrong, you are wrong.

I know what Occam's Razor would say.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2015 at 2:02:12 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Now you know how we feel =)

I ran across a really cute meme the other day. More or less it states:

"I have proof that God doesn't exist. I can't show it to you, I can't explain it. But can you prove I don't have it?"
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 1 of 121234>Last »