Exploding Head Syndrome

March 31st, 2015 at 5:58:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Now I have a name for this.

Quote:
Maybe it's happened to you: You're lying in bed happily drifting off to sleep when suddenly you're jolted awake by a startlingly loud noise that turns out to be just in your head. The experience can be scary, and doctors have given it the alarming-sounding name "exploding head syndrome."

more here

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/exploding-head-syndrome-is-real-and-surprisingly-common/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2015 at 5:27:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Fluid flows thru the brain and maybe when you go from vertical to horizontal the parasites protest.
April 1st, 2015 at 8:06:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Total mystery to me.
Never ever expereienced this symptom.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 1st, 2015 at 8:24:20 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I wonder if it's related to myoclonus. A tensing occurring around the head could stimulate hearing receptors.

Funny you posted this. Just last night I was awoken by a rapping on my door. Heard it plain as day. It was 3a. Obviously, no one was there.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2015 at 8:34:57 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Face
I wonder if it's related to myoclonus. A tensing occurring around the head could stimulate hearing receptors.
Funny you posted this. Just last night I was awoken by a rapping on my door. Heard it plain as day. It was 3a. Obviously, no one was there.

Quothe the Raven: "Nevermore". Angie is probably making knocking noises in hopes that you will say 'Well, as long as I'm awake..."

Actually some infants diagnosed as "autistic" have such excellent hearing and smeling powers that they find the world overwhelming and hear their own hearts and their own blood runing thru their ears.

A myoclonic musclespasm sometimes occurs during sleep onset, thought to be caused by adenosine and magnesium imbalance.