The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

May 18th, 2017 at 8:42:07 AM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 0
Posts: 232
I have heard of birch water as a health supplement, by why would it be radioactive?
May 18th, 2017 at 9:33:10 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 50
Posts: 4997
Cause birch sap is used to make birch water and a birch tree takes nutrients from its surrounding soil and after Chernobyl theres just miles and miles of radioactive everything and thats where the SAAP company gets its birch tree sap to make birch water. High in manganese and cesium. I can'ts afford the non-radioactive ones from Canada.

As I said: Poverty sucks. Particularly when you can't count your hand in blackjack.


Note: Teenage girls with cramps swear by Birch Water though I sure hope they get it from Canada and not the Ukraine.
May 18th, 2017 at 1:51:14 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 50
Posts: 4997
So I gots not one but two of these Platform Carts. Sort of a low slung flatbed on wheels that I usually utilize to wheel in the groceries and stuff. I got this big box from Amazon Prime and had to heft it from the ground to the Chevy and the next day I decided to perch it on my shoulder and lug it into the house as if I were twenty years old. Huffing, puffing, ticker not ticking and I had to drop it after about six or seven steps. Waited several hours and went out again into the great big oven but used a platform cart this time. So much easier on the ticker. Soon I'll investigate the breakage but now I have to sit and absorb air conditioning. Hate being stupid.
June 11th, 2017 at 2:49:38 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 50
Posts: 4997
What is that about Illegal, Immoral or Fattening??

From time to time I enjoy opening up a can of seltzer water and well, I guess I should admit it, its sort of a substitute for a can of beer.

Now, courtesy of Birgitt University, I learn that its the darn bubbles that may be making me put on weight.

I still will avoid sugar and aspartame and stuff like stevia... but must I really avoid carbonation?

And why did I read the article AFTER I had just purchased four boxes of seltzer water?
June 11th, 2017 at 7:44:12 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 75
Posts: 1605
Quote: Fleastiff
What is that about Illegal, Immoral or Fattening??

From time to time I enjoy opening up a can of seltzer water and well, I guess I should admit it, its sort of a substitute for a can of beer.

Now, courtesy of Birgitt University, I learn that its the darn bubbles that may be making me put on weight.

I still will avoid sugar and aspartame and stuff like stevia... but must I really avoid carbonation?

And why did I read the article AFTER I had just purchased four boxes of seltzer water?


the study must take a fancy path to that conclusion
The light at the end of the tunnel is often a freight train coming the other way! per Fleastiff
June 11th, 2017 at 7:58:07 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 50
Posts: 4997
Quote: odiousgambit
the study must take a fancy path to that conclusion
Yeah, you should go read it. Robust, it ain't. I mean they didn't even use twenty rats, they used one in each of the four categories. ONE lousy rat. And then they posit the virtually absurd leap about well humans put on weight due to carbonation not sugar content. The problem lies with the fact that while this insufficiently proven assertion is interesting, its very disturbing since it just might be true! And I don't want it to be true, particularly after buying four boxes of those beer-can like seltzer water thingies. Why do I have to wake up in the morning and confront this stuff, can't I just lose two hundred pounds over night and not have to feel guilty about guzzling seltzer water in the hot Florida sunshine?
June 11th, 2017 at 11:56:03 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 12
Posts: 2203
Quote: Fleastiff
Now, courtesy of Birgitt University, I learn that its the darn bubbles that may be making me put on weight.
Are they saying that if you let it go flat, then it's better for the waistline? What is the plan, to pop the top and wait two days, then drink?

Quote:
I still will avoid sugar and aspartame and stuff like stevia... but must I really avoid carbonation?
I think Stevia is great sans the price. I'm kind of back to using honey IDK why? Healing powers maybe.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
June 11th, 2017 at 12:42:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 50
Posts: 4997
Quote: petroglyph
Are they saying that if you let it go flat, then it's better for the waistline?
That might be wiser if you are concerned about ghrelin levels, mine happen to be the highest ever recorded in the world. No patient and no research subject has ever had ghrelin levels anywhere near mine.
Quote:
What is the plan, to pop the top and wait two days, then drink?
Nah, when you are broke you don't care too much about kicking the bucket. I'll just drink the cans and take my chances. I just don't like being in a position where I have to do that. Life sucks for the elderly. Wish I had realized that earlier. My body is going all to hell and its obvious my mind already went there.
June 11th, 2017 at 1:15:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 12
Posts: 2203
Quote: Fleastiff
That might be wiser if you are concerned about ghrelin levels, mine happen to be the highest ever recorded in the world.
You are a fount of knowledge. Never heard of it. This leads me to believe that many people have had it measured?
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
June 11th, 2017 at 1:20:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 12
Posts: 2203
Quote: Fleastiff
Nah, when you are broke you don't care too much about kicking the bucket. I'll just drink the cans and take my chances. I just don't like being in a position where I have to do that. Life sucks for the elderly. Wish I had realized that earlier.
Would you have done something differently? I think I would just do it again, had I to do it over. But the price is pretty high. I like to think, I wouldn't have smoked.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude