The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

June 11th, 2017 at 1:50:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
You are a fount of knowledge. Never heard of it. This leads me to believe that many people have had it measured?
No, not frequently tested at all. When I insisted on a test for it, it was obvious the quack had never even heard of it. Obese people should get it tested though. The omentum has its advantages though and interacts with the immune system.
June 13th, 2017 at 11:28:59 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Darn memory loss in the elderly.
Left those four boxes of seltzer water cans in the car... hot sun all day. Can't do that stuff in Florida, particularly during a heat wave.

Slurping lime water again. Seems limes only last one day though. Its also a nuisance to peel the lime first since its the lime fruit but not the zest that I want.

Zest protects the fruit from boring insects so its likely to be weak insecticides.
June 13th, 2017 at 12:30:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Zest protects the fruit from boring insects so its likely to be weak insecticides.
We have some citrus trees and often our fruit has "Thripp" trails on it. I haven't sprayed. So when I"m in a store and see citrus, if it doesn't have evidence of bugs I consider it to be sprayed with insecticides. The Thripp doesn't affect the fruit at all.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 16th, 2017 at 4:20:56 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Oh no. Someone sent me chia seeds to put on my cereal or in smoothies if I ever go back to making smoothies. Now I gotta go look up chia seeds and see what they contain. Do they sprout inside you like some sort of internal chia pet? I don't think I would want that.
June 30th, 2017 at 12:16:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Chia seeds were good. Caffeic acid mainly. Liked them.
June 30th, 2017 at 12:19:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
I don't think I'm going to do any Hot Blonds type stuff with bets on my weight, but I now exceed the scale graduations and actually pin the arrow against its stop.
Considering the knife or radioactive iodine. Probably will opt for the latter if I can swing the costs and travel involved.
Gonna die slim.
June 30th, 2017 at 1:04:12 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Considering the knife or radioactive iodine. Probably will opt for the latter if I can swing the costs and travel involved.
Gonna die slim.
Doesn't insurance help with the former? I thought the bypass surgery was nearly 100% effective?

IDK know how there couldn't be some bad side effects to the radioactive iodine.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 30th, 2017 at 2:02:46 PM permalink
Fleastiff
>>>>>>Doesn't insurance help with the former?(the knife):
All I have is medicare and 'help' doesn't do much for me. Paupers need 100% coverage or its all futiie hot air.

>>>> I thought the bypass surgery was nearly 100% effective?
It isn't as great as it was thought to be and mostly just leads to other compulsions being enhanced, such as gambling, drinking, etc.

>>>>>
IDK know how there couldn't be some bad side effects to the radioactive iodine.
Yeah. One of them is death. Others are a variety of cancers. Its known as desperation.
July 1st, 2017 at 3:00:19 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Darn it all.

This long weekend thing crept up on me. I had two requests due in the library but they didn't get to my branch in time. So now its gonna be a long weekend with a bottle instead of a long weekend with some books.

One of them is quite a tome on Somalia and piracy. Nothing like a long boring weekend to work my way thru that boring stuff.

The other was a mystery that I thought I might enjoy.

Now its just going to be a long hot weekend with nothing accomplished.
July 12th, 2017 at 4:10:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Dragged thru the day without any energy. Happened to knock over a chair and a bag of oranges rolled out of a plastic shopping bat. I set to, devouring five or six and darn it all, now I have energy and drive and a modicum of focus but the day is nearly over so whats the use?