The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

December 18th, 2017 at 11:39:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
I drink half a gallon or more.
Wow. I'm in Florida and I don't consume that much but I did guzzle several cans of seltzer water yesterday and two glasses of Orange Juice, a substance that few Floridians seem to consume anywhere near as much as I would have thought they did.

Got me a GLASS container yesterday so I can get water that is not in a plastic container. I do not know if it is the plastic per se or the fact that I tend to leave the plastic jugs in the car for awhile where they undergo repeated sun/shade cycles.
December 18th, 2017 at 2:25:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

Got me a GLASS container yesterday so I can get water that is not in a plastic container. I do not know if it is the plastic per se or the fact that I tend to leave the plastic jugs in the car for awhile where they undergo repeated sun/shade cycles.

I don't care what they say, glass is better.
The President is a fink.
December 18th, 2017 at 6:19:46 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I've noted a distinct plastic taste to the drinking water that has been in a sunny place but I also found out that the distilled water, which I put in that vacuum cleaner that blows in my face all night long, also tastes of plastic so I must have been blowing plastic into my brain and lungs for quite awhile. Gonna try to end it soon but its hard to find distilled water in anything but plastic around here. I can find drinking water that is dispensed into your own container and that is what my quart container will be used for.

The problem is if I drink water for the gout then the lower limb edema increases.

Tomorrow: Apple Cider Vinegar no matter how bad my memory is.
December 20th, 2017 at 11:12:33 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Tomorrow: Apple Cider Vinegar no matter how bad my memory is.
What a difference a day makes.
I guzzled cider flavored water much of the day and also consumed several cans of seltzer water, both plain and pomegranate flavored. Feel great today and noticed right off the gout related ankle swelling had diminished.
Gonna stick with the high fluid intake despite possible complications with lower limb edema.

More physically active today and brighter mood but don't know if the vinegar is responsible or not.
January 2nd, 2018 at 1:08:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I'm hopped up on codeine, cortisol and some sort of broad spectrum antibiotics. They suspected pneumonia but just coded it as acute bronchitis.

The drugs taste terrible but the effect must be what hopheads like.

I sure won't be driving like this.
January 3rd, 2018 at 7:26:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
All it said was take ten millilters of the codeine syrup.... it didn't say with at least eight ounces of water.

I usually have difficulty in seeing the BPM figure and the SaO2 figure on my Pulse Oximeter,,, but a few minutes ago each figure was 76, so I guess it doesn't matter much then which is which.

gonna try to stay awake tonight that codeine seems to be making me not want to breathe.
January 4th, 2018 at 6:28:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
All it said was take ten millilters of the codeine syrup.... it didn't say with at least eight ounces of water.

gonna try to stay awake tonight that codeine seems to be making me not want to breathe.

Do watch out with codeine. Back in AZ I had a cough and took some. Said the usual "TAKE WITH FOOD." Meh, I took it and figured I would eat after I got out of the shower. Set the water, got in, next thing I remember was picking myself up off the shower floor. Wasn't out long, but my roommate asked what the big "THUD" he heard was.

I wish we could get it easier in the USA, though. Works great for cough.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2018 at 6:03:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Yeah, cure my sleep apnea, cure my gout and diabetes.
Then turn back the clock to September 10th and when a woman I don't know walks in and offers me a sandwich for lunch, a reference to an email I had posted several months earlier, make me think "Mossad asset drugging me' rather than being so damned trusting. I spent the afternoon and evening in a stuporous state, dazed, confused, mildly hallucinating and absolutely unable to send or say anything about Mohammed Atta or the WTC. Tried to call an old boss who was ex-cia and then Sheriff's deputy in Los Angeles and couldn't do it. Connected to public comments page at WINS NYC but only stared at the blank box, could not type anything. Had to have been drugs in that sandwich and since she looked just like a Jewish psychologist that is probably what she was. A good hypnotist for sure. I'm sure you can all imagine the scope of my guilt about this.

Anyway folks,,,, thanks to you all for thinking of me but I'm dry now and the air conditioning is back on and the plumbing is working again in this 'shelter' and I'll soon develop the courage and work out the transportation issues to get some homeless housing or Senior Housing in reality rather than always being on the list for senior housing.

And if I can't do that well maybe I will just kick off.
What is worse than guilt over the events of 9/11? Guilt, homelessness and pneaumonia.
February 8th, 2018 at 8:56:24 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Medicare is driving me to the brink.

I need a 12.00 part for this rear end of the vacuum cleaner stuff that I breathe thru at night and so far its been 30 minutes on the phone just to order it. Been almost a year and I still do not have the two liters a minute of oxygen the cardiologist Rx'd long ago.

Got stuck on Monday morning and I still have this great big bruise where the needle went in.

Need to kick off and be done with it.
February 8th, 2018 at 9:24:48 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Medicare is driving me to the brink.

I need a 12.00 part for this rear end of the vacuum cleaner stuff that I breathe thru at night and so far its been 30 minutes on the phone just to order it. Been almost a year and I still do not have the two liters a minute of oxygen the cardiologist Rx'd long ago.

Got stuck on Monday morning and I still have this great big bruise where the needle went in.

Need to kick off and be done with it.
What have you been doing, playing football in yours? It seems like you are awful rough on it. : }

I've run into more than one sadistic phlebotomist. Either that or a trainee. At Mayo, if they miss twice they trade you off to another poker, and then they get two try's.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW