The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

March 28th, 2018 at 12:22:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Been without an oxygen generator for 'bout eight months, maybe more.
In order to see cardiologist I gotta keep a thirty day record of blood pressure readings which also requires that I calculate the Pulse Pressure by subtracting diastolic value from systolic value. Do they have any idea how utterly challenging that task is for me? My fingers are getting sore from doing the math!

Since I can't get an oxygen generator in the USA without an Rx I am considering getting one from China via ebay which means I'd probably be getting industrial not therapeutic oxygen. Chinese manufacturers will answer questions in whatever manner they thing will result in a sale. If desperate, they will even tell the truth.
What is the difference between industrial oxygen and therapeutic oxygen? Somebody around there has a meter that gives concentration levels.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 28th, 2018 at 1:05:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
What is the difference between industrial oxygen and therapeutic oxygen?

The smell of oil?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2018 at 1:14:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
The smell of oil?

Interesting. I thought putting oxygen into an oil environment was extremely dangerous and could cause explosion?

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1922/5/22/oil-in-oxygen-tank-cause-of/

I have noticed something that smells like oil around oxy from industrial tanks though?
March 28th, 2018 at 5:59:21 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Don't know about oil or exact standards but it does seem that oxygen that a welder might use is not what is desired if someone has trouble breathing. Various impurities and humidity levels are involved. Therapeutic oxygen when needed should not be replaced with industrial oxygen.
March 29th, 2018 at 2:27:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
What is the difference between industrial oxygen and therapeutic oxygen? Somebody around there has a meter that gives concentration levels.

A guess would be industrial is not as cleaned and filtered.

Flea, look into one of those "Oxygen Bars" they have at various places. Not sure if it fits your needs, but better than breathing something made for welding. I remember browsing them about 15 years ago after I saw on on TV, anyone could buy them.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2018 at 9:50:57 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
A guess would be industrial is not as cleaned and filtered.
Made me search it.

Don't use this as medical advice: https://survivalblog.com/five-letters-re-welding-oxygen/

"Jim:
If you go to a local oxygen supplier and ask, (and they are being honest) they will tell you that they fill the welding oxygen, the aviators oxygen and the medical grade oxygen tanks from the exact same bulk tank, which is to say, they are all medical grade." Of course this is just guys talking, so DYODD

https://www.ozonesolutions.com/info/is-medical-oxygen-different

"The difference between the four various oxygen grades, (Aviation, Medical, Welding and Research) is not in the quality of the oxygen but rather, the custody chain of the tanks. "
March 29th, 2018 at 10:26:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman

"The difference between the four various oxygen grades, (Aviation, Medical, Welding and Research) is not in the quality of the oxygen but rather, the custody chain of the tanks. "

May also be how they treat the tanks. Medical are probably purged and cleaned better.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2018 at 10:32:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
May also be how they treat the tanks. Medical are probably purged and cleaned better.
These are oxygen GENERATORS, not pre-filled oxygen tanks. I think their official name is oxygen concentrator. Output quality varies greatly as to purity, etc.
March 29th, 2018 at 10:32:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
These are oxygen GENERATORS, not pre-filled oxygen tanks. I think their official name is oxygen concentrator. Output quality varies greatly as to purity, etc.
March 29th, 2018 at 11:47:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff

OK, but same idea. Medical O2 might be drier, more pure, whatever. Sinister thinking, they might "spike" industrial O2 so you cannot use it medically. Like mineral spirits so you cannot drink them.
The President is a fink.