The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

May 18th, 2018 at 2:16:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I've noticed as I've gotten older I
get tired easier and want to
sleep more. After dinner I want
to take a nap and usually do.
Getting old sucks.

Napping after eating is probably a natural thing.
The President is a fink.
May 18th, 2018 at 2:50:02 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
Do you have access to a fingertip pulse oximeter? I am told too much O2 can have side effects?
Yes, I have a finger thingie though its more the oxygen/carbon dioxide ration that is critical. Hypercapnia is often worse than insufficient oxygen.

> Have you spent to much time in Jamaica, mon?
None. Alas. Did watch a few you tube videos of Bob Marley songs, did listen to Calypso music from time to time 'Achi rice, salt fish on ice and the rum is good any time of year, but I'm sad to say, I'm on my way, had to leave a little girl in Kingston town"

I've got a big machine for home use and a smaller portable concentrator for taking trips around town. I probably only really need it when I'm sleeping irrespective of whether it is day or night.

> Hard to do with Peripheral Neuropathy.
Yeah, I got that too but lime water seems to help.

A brief nap after eating would be no big deal but several hours of involuntary sleep after even a very light breakfast is a problem.
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:57:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
God, I just can't take this nonsense any more.

I am dealing with a pencil pusher who won't process my housing application because some form from Social Security is six months old. I mean even she admits that a recent form will have the exact same data on it but nothing will move forward until they get the form dates within the last thirty days.

Is it any wonder I want to take spices that are nerviness and anxyolotic agents. I can't afford the Rx or the co pays for antidepressants or anti anxiety drugs but I can afford saffron and garlic which is just as effective. I just can't be bothered with it all.

I had an attempt made on my life, oh maybe five years ago. My memory is so bad I can't quite remember when it was. These days I'm not so sure that surviving it was good. Old age really sucks.

Well dawn arrives soon and I'll be heading out to the social security office to get a more recent copy of the stupid form.
May 22nd, 2018 at 3:17:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Fleastiff
I had an attempt made on my life
Care to elaborate?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:52:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
God, I just can't take this nonsense any more.

I am dealing with a pencil pusher who won't process my housing application because some form from Social Security is six months old. I mean even she admits that a recent form will have the exact same data on it but nothing will move forward until they get the form dates within the last thirty days.

Government is sick. This kind of story needs to be shared with our young people in HS and college government classes. What really happens within the system.

My wishes things get better.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2018 at 12:25:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit
Care to elaborate?

Attempted suicide doesn't count.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:00:49 PM permalink
Fleastiff
>>>>Fleastiff: I had an attempt made on my life
>> OdiousGambit: Care to elaborate?

I'm just that sort of a guy.

I really had intended to make it to the Spring Fling but this housing opportunity appeared and I had to be here for all the running around and filling in endless forms. If I had been there you would all be making book on which forum member would make the next attempt. I rub people the wrong way.

Most of my injuries have been internal, such as carbon monoxide poisoning, an ocular spider or muriatic acid fumes and years of chronic hypoxemia. Yet years of hanging out with terrorists and nothing at all happens but I trekked to Rochester, NY tracking down an obscure clue on behalf of JonBenet Ramsey and I got bonked on the head. Also got rear ended when I stopped for a police car and this great big tank behind me did not stop. The most recent attempt on my life was one of those "Bobby broke a window because he ducked when I threw a rock at him" type things.

Some man bought a house over the internet and when he arrived to take possession of it he failed to notice that all the mailboxes were on the right hand side of the road for the convenience of the letter carrier whose vehicle features right hand drive. Arriving at the proper number he mistook my chained and locked gate for the house he had just purchased so he and his friend promptly equipped themselves with lengths of steel pipe, vaulted the fence and proceeded to yell at me that I had no right to be there. After various threats and baseball like stances with lead pipes, I told them to go to the correct address but he instead went to a lawyer and it seems to have cost him two hundred dollars and a two week delay. So about a month later he snuck onto the property one morning prior to his going to work in his floor treatment business and deposited a mop saturated with very toxic chemicals into my water tank.

As I said, I just seem to rub people the wrong way.

Little children run and hide behind their mother's skirts. Older children throw rocks at me. Dogs bark and snarl at me. Jack Jumper ants pounce on me. Barbers give me bad haircuts, Cashiers over charge me. Bartenders serve me warm beer. Traffic lights stay red longer for me. Its simply my lot in life.

ON EDIT: I guess I should add a few food poisoning incidents and one insecticide ingestion when I steamed broccoli and unknown to me there was an insecticide pellet in it so that leached into the broccoli and probably didn't do much good to my innards. The diabetic crisis didn't do much for my brain either.
But other than that there hasn't been much.
Oh, yeah... Jack Jumper ants are found only in Australia and I've never been there. It was a joke but I'm sure if I ever did get to Australia they will indeed mob me.
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:12:19 PM permalink
Evenbob

As I said, I just seem to rub people the wrong way.

So it would seem. You really don't
want to piss people off. Like the
other day, I was working on my
front porch and traffic was backed
up because a school bus was unloading.

This middle aged guy was gaping at
me out his side window like I was a zoo
exhibit. Every time I looked at him he
was was staring at me, open mouthed.
So I started staring back at him.

I hugely wanted to give him the finger.
But I realized he knew where I lived and
and I knew nothing about him. It's
why I never have road rage, why create
enemies when it gains you nothing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 11th, 2018 at 4:32:13 PM permalink
Fleastiff
My pulse oximeter reaches a HIGH of 91.
i'm out of breath if I even go thirty feet to the kitchen or bathroom.
The Atrial Fibrillation is the worst part of it but everything seems to be declining. People in parking lots keep coming up to me and asking me if I am okay so they must be seeing something that prompts them.

I may have weeks and weeks left or even several months... I don't know.

Anyway, I do want everyone to know I loathe quacks but love that DXplain artificial intelligence program that was left live on a terminal when the demonstrator took a lunch break.

I also wish to make a statement that I have reviewed my posts in the September 11th poll thread and want to make it clear that I have nothing to withdraw or delete or amend in any way.

Sometime next week or so I hope to arrange a trip to that gambling ship that offers live craps. Won't have much of a bankroll but want to play it and a few other games since it has been so long for me.
June 11th, 2018 at 4:40:30 PM permalink
Evenbob

I may have weeks and weeks left or even several months... I don't know.

You promised this a couple years
ago. I'm not holding my breath..