The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

June 11th, 2018 at 5:24:27 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
not holding your tongue either. I've had a few health crisis episodes but don't recall any promises that I made. The oxygen Rx that I got helped but its probably too late to do much good.
June 11th, 2018 at 5:27:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
not holding your tongue either. I've had a few health crisis episodes but don't recall any promises that I made. The oxygen Rx that I got helped but its probably too late to do much good.

You didn't promise, duh. You made
a statement that your time was near,
you only had weeks left. At least 2
years ago, maybe 3. Here we are
again. Point is, you have no idea when
you'll go. Rockefeller was going any
minute the last 10 years of his life.
He lived to 99.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 20th, 2018 at 6:03:59 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Status update;

No longer homeless!!

Got chairs in boxes that I'm unable to sit on the floor and assemble.

Medically, the year long hiatus from supplemental oxygen appears to have taken quite a toll. I annoy old people with my slow walking pace. I can barely make it out of the mobility cart to reach the items on the high or low shelves in the grocery store. Got a stove top now, but I mainly just zap Salisbury Steaks or Chicken Parmigiana into the microwave which I have some trouble operating.

Got a great collection of spices but if i'm only making Ramen noodles what's the use of trying to rescue junk food with parsley and turmeric?

Whatever my diet, I seem to have to sleep for two hours after every meal. A great 'retirement' eh?

my one main passion seems to be hating quacks. of course I take pleasure in the fact that they have clearly earned such hatred, but it saps whatever strength I have left. Well, I just had shredded wheat and milk for breakfast, time to take a nap even though I just got up less than an hour ago.
June 27th, 2018 at 9:16:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
>>>>Whatever my diet, I seem to have to sleep for two hours after every meal. A great 'retirement' eh?
>>>>I just had shredded wheat and milk for breakfast,
>>>>time to take a nap even though I just got up less than an hour ago.

This post prandial somnolence is driving me crazy. Today I had scrambled eggs and a Starbucks frapacino for breakfast. Yet I still slept afterwards despite having just slept all night long. Its gotta stop somehow.
June 27th, 2018 at 4:32:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

my one main passion seems to be hating quacks. of course I take pleasure in the fact that they have clearly earned such hatred,

Mr. Flea, are you self aware enough to realize the AGONY you must cause any doctor unfortunate enough to have you as a patient? I mean really!!!!
June 27th, 2018 at 4:41:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: SOOPOO
Mr. Flea, are you self aware enough to realize the AGONY you must cause any doctor unfortunate enough to have you as a patient? I mean really!!!!

Apparently not. In what way do you think I inflict agony much less capitalized agony on a practitioner of the black and evil arts of medicine?

I had a cardiologist who seemed fascinated with my awareness of recent journal articles that indicated a cause for a disease that he himself suffered from.

Please do let me know.
June 28th, 2018 at 4:22:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Please do let me know.
Dr Soopoo?
June 28th, 2018 at 9:14:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Dr Soopoo?

My fiancee, the dentist, cringes when a patient comes in telling her what to do. She asks which internet forum trumps the 4 years of dental school..., and which cyber site has examined you..... seen your x-rays, etc....

When your doctor wants to put you on a beta blocker and you tell him a mango/quinoa combination would work better.... you think he's happy?
June 28th, 2018 at 9:43:38 AM permalink
Fleastiff
MWhen your doctor wants to put you on a beta blocker and you tell him a mango/quinoa combination would work better.... you think he's happy?
Yes. Particularly if it is true.

Please remember that I was on a whole cocktail of drugs and constantly being a zombie with little difference between day and night and little difference and virtually zero sleep latency falling down all the time. It was only after I went OFF that doctor's recommended drugs that I stopped falling, and lead a more normal lifestyle. Perhaps I should have gone off the drugs separately but I did not and the doctor in trying to get me to go back on them may be recommending the one that was the primary cause of the "falling zombie' state I was in for several years.

As for years of medical training, its probably ancient history.

As for a dose of safeon being biochemically equivalent to a dose of imipramine, I can send you that citation if you would like.

As to the phytochemical profile of hibiscus tea or of anandamide, I can do the same. Ashwaghanda is great stuff and its phytochemical profile is interesting.

odious gambit just posted about buckhorn which is interesting but Sea Buckthorn from the pacific north west is much more beneficial.
June 28th, 2018 at 10:53:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
When your doctor wants to put you on a beta blocker and you tell him a mango/quinoa combination would work better.... you think he's happy?

They're really unhappy when you
tell them stuff they don't know
about the drugs they prescribe.
Happened to me several times.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.