The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

Page 4 of 55<1234567>Last »
September 14th, 2015 at 7:24:57 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Fleastiff
So, I came upon a medical article that mentioned a certain type of youghurt I went to Amazon to look it up.
Now, no matter what site I visit: I get this same ad over and over for that particular brand of yoghurt.
well, I played around with cookies and now I'm getting ads at eight in the morning for beer!!
January 23rd, 2016 at 6:45:29 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Health care and a curmudgeon:

Well, I didn't buy any blankets or bandages. I did buy cat food.

Guess that shows as much about my priorities as anything.
March 18th, 2016 at 2:53:33 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Okay.
I have a choice to make.
I'm goin' shopping and I have two options:

Some healthful Bilberry Juice or some equally exotic but somewhat less healthful Bilberry Ale.

The juice is more expensive and that will be my excuse for buying the Bilberry Ale which doesn't have very many bilberries in it.

Might even buy some of that exotic Norwegian yoghurt again. I just hope they don't push any more ads about at me. I'll pay cash so they don't know who it is.

Who says a Pauper can't have exotic tastes? I'll let a few prescriptions lapse, but I will get my Bilberry Ale.

Now lets see... how far is it from the youghurt store to the Craps Boat dock?
March 18th, 2016 at 10:57:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Some healthful Bilberry Juice or some equally exotic but somewhat less healthful Bilberry Ale.

Darn it, when will I look at the calendar and realize the harvest of Bilberries ain't even started yet.
March 19th, 2016 at 11:09:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Now lets see... how far is it from the youghurt store to the Craps Boat dock?
It turned out that after the visit to Barnes and Noble I was too tired for either the yoghurt store and the craps boat had long since sailed, so instead of Bilberry beer I've been guzzling these Lemon/Ginger Probiotic things along with about an extra gram or two of vitamin C. It works out to about six grams of vitamin c tablets a day. Gives me some strength to get thru the day, but is expen$ive as hell. I wish those GAP year students would hurry up and harvest those arctic bilberries.
April 2nd, 2016 at 6:01:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Housing for the poor:

It seems I'd be getting a better break if I could check off on my application that box that reads: INCARCERATED.

After the decision not to amputate my (foot, half the leg, the whole leg) I won't be going into surgical rehab and therefore won't have any priority for housing.

I don't used drugs and I'm not in Jail or Prison.... I'm just broke. So I do not qualify for any priority. 240 units but I only qualify for seven of them and for all seven units those seven people never move out once they move in, so its at least two years on the waiting list and even then it means that one of those seven will probably have to kick off before I can climb up the list.
April 2nd, 2016 at 6:51:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Housing for the poor:

Where do you live. In Japan, old people
are committing crimes so they can
go to prison to live. The can't afford
to live in their society anymore. Prison
in Japan is a social club, no minorities,
it all Japanese. 3 meals a day, free
health care, lots of friends your age.
It's a free old folks home.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 12th, 2016 at 12:17:33 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Thanks for your suggestion, Evenbob, but prisons in the usa are noisy and dangerous even in the geriatric wing, predation persists.

I've been trying to find products free of Titanium Dioxide, a common anti-caking agent in foods and cosmetics. Rich people can probably obtain them somehow, but poor people seem to be locked into the take it or leave it situation that is induced by poverty.

Same with Sucralose ... seems no way to avoid it. And you add Guar Gum and other gums to the list of undesired ingredients the poor are forced to ingest.
May 12th, 2016 at 12:56:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Same with Sucralose ... seems no way to avoid it. And you add Guar Gum and other gums to the list of undesired ingredients the poor are forced to ingest.
Here is a listing of 61 different names for sugar on food labels.

http://www.sugarscience.org/hidden-in-plain-sight/#.VzTfaPkrLIU
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 12th, 2016 at 2:17:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Thanks for your suggestion, Evenbob, but prisons in the usa are noisy and dangerous even in the geriatric wing, predation persists.

Not low security Fed joints. They are pretty
much violence free, full of white collar
crooks. The hardest thing to put up with
there is crushing boredom. Do you really
think Martha Stewart was fighting off gangs
all the time?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 4 of 55<1234567>Last »