The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

April 4th, 2020 at 6:06:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO
I don't like quinoa, compared to similar other grains. Way prefer wild rice, or even brown rice.
yeah, me too

a combination of brown and wild is really good. Have you ever tried making your own brown or wild? I don't know if you cook. In any case, compared to white rice it is harder [and people complain about making white rice]. For brown or wild, or the combo, I use microwave rice. I did my own cooking for years and years as a bachelor and still cook some, nonetheless for me the microwave stuff is the way to go for those types
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 6th, 2020 at 1:32:32 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
WHAT??? AM I JINXED??

The first time they put me into the hospital for all that blood loss it was due to my sustained diet of zero-iron lentils and the drug Plavix the Quaks then put me onto BetaBlockers despite my misgivings and it was rivulets of bright red blood loss. So i stopped the beta blockers and four days later the bleeding stops.
The trouble is the latest episode was severe dizziness, near panic at inability to breathe, haemeglobin levels unknown though.
April 8th, 2020 at 9:26:03 AM permalink
Fleastiff
WHY?
Doctor EvenBob and others took me off milk, cheese, eggs, sugar about two years ago .
When I was hospitalized they gave pretty much nothing but those items and discharged me with instructions to stay on the new diet.
I had been just below 240lbs now i'm back to tipping the scales at near 300lbs much of it probably water despite 40mg Furosemide each morning as diuretic.

now even publix is delivering DOUBLE orders to me .... Why is everyone trying to get my weight to balloon to 300lbs of immobility???????
April 8th, 2020 at 5:52:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Fleastiff
WHY?
Doctor EvenBob and others took me off milk, cheese, eggs, sugar about two years ago .
When I was hospitalized they gave pretty much nothing but those items and discharged me with instructions to stay on the new diet.
I had been just below 240lbs now i'm back to tipping the scales at near 300lbs much of it probably water despite 40mg Furosemide each morning as diuretic.

now even publix is delivering DOUBLE orders to me .... Why is everyone trying to get my weight to balloon to 300lbs of immobility???????

You should try my diet. Eat anything you want but only eat once per day. I have pretty much maintained the same weight for the last 20 years.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 8th, 2020 at 11:47:24 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: DRich
Eat anything you want but only eat once per day.
once per hour seems to be my inclination once I get above the 220 range.
April 9th, 2020 at 9:53:12 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
once per hour seems to be my inclination once I get above the 220 range.

I have never had a weight problem or anything else that I would call an addiction so I don't understand why you can't just ignore those inclinations.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 9th, 2020 at 9:42:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
WHY?

Bread, milk, pasta, sugar will make
you pack on the weight double
quick and retain water. Good luck
with that. I eat mostly protein
and fresh veggies, no prepared
foods at all. I do eat cheese, which
is very low in milk sugar. Don't
overdue it, though.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 9th, 2020 at 3:24:16 AM permalink
Fleastiff
they wont stop feeding junk food to me in the hospital

i cant tell time well anymore.
i ferment what they feed me all night long, but they wont stop.
May 9th, 2020 at 3:59:36 AM permalink
Fleastiff
SOOPOO?
iS IT TIME FOR ME TO JUST GO?
May 9th, 2020 at 4:29:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
SOOPOO???