The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

Page 55 of 55« First<52535455
August 2nd, 2020 at 8:53:59 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It's okay...
I'm not paranoid. I'm just trying to steer my way thru some really dangerous hazards. It is not just the pain and humiliation involved.
I was just able to check and found that the word "torture" did NOT come from the manufacturer's website, so I will be on safer grounds if I proceed with a complaint. I don't want to comeacross as exaggerating anything.

Amazon is very expensive and SLOW but it seems it is all I can really rely on.
Oh wow! when I changed the magnification factor from 2.75 to 3.0, they changed the delivery time by two weeks! That's great.

Wha"happened? Either that morning Lasix pill kicked in in Spades or the lunchtime coffee did. GALLONS of it all with woefully insufficient warning!
August 3rd, 2020 at 10:06:18 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Today
Take Lasik at 8:00am; low protein breakfast, major defecation forced by 1:00pmdiet; providing little opportunity for anything but prompt weight loss overall.
4:00pm ... still voiding urine.
Sent email to social worker but I stiill can't decipher any doctor's name.
August 6th, 2020 at 10:37:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
ACTIVELY SEEKING A PLACE TO LIVE.

PHYSICAL THERAPY ENDS AUG 17TH.

I Keep hearingf about Assisted Living but appears its allpieinthe sky.

FORCE myself back where i'm not wanted???

IT APPEARS I WILL BE DISCHARGED TO HOMELESSNESS AND WOULD HAVETO SUE THE COUNTY FOR THEIR SOCIAL WORKER'S MISGUIDED ADVIE IN GIVING UP MY SECTION 8 VOUCHER. FAT CHANCE THERE!!

if I stay they intend to continue drugs irrespective of my belief that I have a life-threateningreaction toit.

ANYWAY. i'm still stuck with ASCITES for unknown reason, fluid still 16.4vbut no analysis of it, intent(??????) to withdraw more,

NEXT TUESDAY IS PROMISE OF DOCTORS VISIT BUT PROBABLY JUST MORE LIES.

IF, REPEAT IF: Next Tuesday is an actual meeting with the doctors, they would have to remove sutures AND abandon drug regimine rather than forcing me to continue on drugs to which I am severely allergic.
I guess that tag line says it all. continued life is not necessarily +ev.
August 9th, 2020 at 12:57:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
NEXT TUESDAY IS PROMISE OF DOCTORS VISIT BUT PROBABLY JUST MORE LIES.

IF, REPEAT IF: Next Tuesday is an actual meeting with the doctors, they would have to remove sutures AND abandon drug regimine rather than forcing me to continue on drugs to which I am severely allergic.
I guess that tag line says it all. continued life is not necessarily +ev.
It appears thatexcursios from the building to the hospital would entail a several day quarantine, so these promises of a doctors visit are indeed more likely to be LIES which means I will be forced to endure a life-threatening administration of a drug to which my retired-physician and relative has told me Ihad a severe life-threatening reaction and two separate cardiac reasons Ishold never have been on I in the first place. I think I may soon be in serious trouble. You all know I'm not a very religious type but please have FrGamble praying for me. My only self defense to a life threatening drug frightens me. Always been the peaceable type.
August 11th, 2020 at 3:04:26 AM permalink
Fleastiff

SOOPOO HITS THE PROVERBIAL NAIL ON THE HEAD , SORT OF. ...

Amidst our recently retired SOOPOO's many helpful comments, some of which are in emails and therefore not quotable under this site's rules, I think that the nail was indeed pounded quite squarely on the head.

SUMMARY;
I have "ascites" basically too much fluid in the body.
You've all heard of the 16.4 liters that were removed and while I do get mixed up between liters and pounds, its a whopping sum.

The USUAL meds are Furosemide/Lasix, a water pill, but our GOOD DOCTOR SOOPOO did also mention that sometimes Lasix is omitted as the body turns out to be dealing with an infection that does not respond as most such organisms do.

It seems this may just be the answer, although I lack the medical records to make certain of it.

Quite some time ago the FOOD BANK at the County Poor House supplied a large quantity of Watercress. Watercress can be of various types and have various contaminants. It seems the most common type for this area of the country is one that responds well to the absence of any Lasix-type water pills. This makes it quite possible that the non-water-pill approach will be successful. Of course I am still up against the unmovable doctors I've had to deal with, but I'll try to see what happens.
August 11th, 2020 at 6:32:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

SOOPOO HITS THE PROVERBIAL NAIL ON THE HEAD , SORT OF. ...

Amidst our recently retired SOOPOO's many helpful comments, some of which are in emails and therefore not quotable under this site's rules, I think that the nail was indeed pounded quite squarely on the head.

SUMMARY;
I have "ascites" basically too much fluid in the body.
You've all heard of the 16.4 liters that were removed and while I do get mixed up between liters and pounds, its a whopping sum.

The USUAL meds are Furosemide/Lasix, a water pill, but our GOOD DOCTOR SOOPOO did also mention that sometimes Lasix is omitted as the body turns out to be dealing with an infection that does not respond as most such organisms do.

It seems this may just be the answer, although I lack the medical records to make certain of it.

Quite some time ago the FOOD BANK at the County Poor House supplied a large quantity of Watercress. Watercress can be of various types and have various contaminants. It seems the most common type for this area of the country is one that responds well to the absence of any Lasix-type water pills. This makes it quite possible that the non-water-pill approach will be successful. Of course I am still up against the unmovable doctors I've had to deal with, but I'll try to see what happens.

Feel free to mention anything I mentioned to you in a Private Message. Nothing I said was sent via PM instead of on the forum because of any need for privacy; I was just answering your questions via PM because you asked them via PM. Good luck.
August 11th, 2020 at 7:16:28 AM permalink
Fleastiff
The nursing assistant here intends to write to my doctor at Lee Memorial in Fort Myers, mentioning the fact that I recall a large quantity of Watercress that I received from the Food Bank at the Poor House. Although I have no way of knowing if it was contaminated, he will be informed thatpatients who ingest contaminated watercress tend to do better if taken off a water pill..The nurse did not saywhat extra tests they would run for me.

>>>>>>>the nurse did not say ......."
The usual communication is a notification to the doctor that there are no ointments being applied to my abraded wound surrounding the entrance area for the pharentecesis wound. This was ordered weeks ago, twice per day application. Wound is red, raw and painful.

It is possible that the three types of Chinese watercress that are prevalent in South Florida and happen to resist treatment with Laxix is simply a mere happenstance. I know I ingested the watercress but can't say that it was contaminated at the time. I certainly have cardiac problems so the 'river flukes' in the watercress could indicate liver and cardiac problems as well the use of poorly chosen drugs by health health..

I lose a lot of hours with sudden sleep onset co existing cardiac tension may be the cause too.
August 11th, 2020 at 7:25:52 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
The nursing assistant here intends to write to my doctor at Lee Memorial in Fort Myers, mentioning the fact that I recall a large quantity of Watercress that I received from the Food Bank at the Poor House. Although I have no way of knowing if it was contaminated, he will be informed thatpatients who ingest contaminated watercress tend to do better if taken off a water pill..The nurse did not saywhat extra tests they would run for me.

My sister is a Physical Therapist at Lee Memorial.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 29th, 2020 at 6:58:30 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Three days and I still can't get a simple band aid for a broken thumb nail,

You can make that four days now!
Page 55 of 55« First<52535455