The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

November 23rd, 2016 at 12:10:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
They take the product and turn it into a gel for various consumer products.

Conclusion: consumers getting screwed or test is invalid.

Did you look here? https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=www.fote.com%20aloe%20vera
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 23rd, 2016 at 4:18:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Thanks. It still is a question of how accurate the claims are.
The tests show the claims for gels are invalid. So the claims for the juice are highly suspect.
November 26th, 2016 at 2:22:31 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Saga of the elderly curmudgeon and the computer chip.

Okay, okay.... so after several weeks of the new debit card lying around I called the number to activate it and now I gotta insert the card into the supermarket rather than slide it. Nuisance.

Amazon. Since chip card has new secret digits and new experiation date, Amazone and other online places such as my wine store won't accept it.
I finally do yomanly battle with Amazon because I haven't shaved in eons since I can't order a new shaver. I went thru something like four cycles of order accepted; sorry your bank declined, nonsense. All for a lousy 25.00 groomer.

So now its been Black Friday but I was too frustrated to have researched what bargains I could get. So I bought nothing. Figured why buy a book on ECG interpretation if these battles with debit cards are going give me a heart attack.
December 12th, 2016 at 7:18:47 AM permalink
Fleastiff
THIS particular item relates to neonatal testing but its an example of why I don't like QUACKS or the use of the word NORMAL to report test results.

Newborn little brat gets routine "needle stick in the heel" with blood sample sent to state laboratory for legally mandatory machine screening for about fifty diseases.
But a manager at the state lab reviewed the results. And 0.1998380 was not quite 0.20. So results were reported as "Normal". Over a million dollars a year will be spent on medical care for kid who will always be a profoundly retarded burden on his parents and society.

ON-EDIT: And that lab manager won't pay a cent of it or lose her job at all or lose her pension.
January 5th, 2017 at 6:01:12 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Oh the beautiful freedom of renouncing quacks.

I've gone off my drugs. Did it lo, these many weeks ago. Feel much better. More awake, more energy.

Sure I sleep alot and get tired during the day since the ticker ain't been ticking too well and the drugs are not helping it tick any more or helping it to avoid the tocks anymore.

Yet, I am no longer in that awful "brain fog" of being on the borderline of sleep/awake or the borderline of dead/alive.

I now get up, do some chores (Yeah, not enough... I know). I make breakfast, go shopping. I am clearly AWAKE rather than in some moribund stupor where I sit for hours or take my coffee cup to the refrigerator to get some coffee.

I buy spices for my food... cumin for meat; tumeric for the heart, lemon pepper to aid in disolving the tumeric since tumeric is not soluble in very many substances.

Sure I drink the tumeric in milk and there are indications tumeric only works when it has been heated, but I'm unconvinced and think its more soluble than thought and much more bioavailable than thought.

I read ingredients labels and curse my former lack of vim and vigor; not that the present status of the vim and vigor is any great shakes, its just better than the 'brain fog' of zero vim and zero vigor. I drink Apple Cider Vinegar, though I'm not sure quite why. I just know I feel better and get more done than I did when I was taking those Rx'd pills twice a day.

I got back to that site of arithmetic drills so I may even be able to go and do a decent job at Blackjack sometime soon.

I still sleep with the rear end of a vacuum cleaner blowing in my face all night but at least I now make sure its near to proper working order and that my oxygen machine is actually generating oxygen instead of leaking all of it away into the room air. Those technicians get paid to check the machine but all they really seem to have checked was the little boxes on the billing form, the machine was not in fact working properly. I used to get from time to time some filter replacements but I could never figure out where to insert them. Turns out they were sending me filters for the wrong machine.

Renouncing medicine is a joy. Wish I had done it eons ago.

Will I die from the lack of drugs? Of course I will. But I will go out in style and be awake and alert about it.
January 17th, 2017 at 10:47:08 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Any one know a way I can get hypoxanthine in my diet, other than by eating Chinese earthworms?
February 3rd, 2017 at 3:06:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Any one know a way I can get hypoxanthine in my diet, other than by eating Chinese earthworms?
Still working on this...need help. Can't find any data only conclusionary statements. Anyone have any FACTS.
February 11th, 2017 at 4:07:41 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Renouncing medicine is a joy. Wish I had done it eons ago.
Remember all that guff about finish taking all the antibiotics, don't just stop taking them when you feel better. Many quacks now admit there is no scientifi basis for this advice and never has been any. Major announcement due after an upcoming meeting in Geneva.
February 11th, 2017 at 8:19:09 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Remember all that guff about finish taking all the antibiotics, don't just stop taking them when you feel better. Many quacks now admit there is no scientifi basis for this advice and never has been any. Major announcement due after an upcoming meeting in Geneva.

For every tenet and practice of actual medicine, there's somebody on the internet saying that it all isn't real and that they have the actual miracle cure for whatever, which usually involves shoving a paintbrush up your butt and taking daily doses of the new miracle herbal remedy "Fantasticure," made from Himalayan mountain goat bladders and available NOW if you send $295 to this address. Free shipping!

There's a plethora of science supporting the use and effectiveness of antibiotics, including mundane stuff such as actual results. A LOT of people are alive today because of them. There's clinical evidence of some of the older antibiotics losing their effectiveness in the general population. That's because people do exactly what you described. People who don't finish the course of the antibiotics they are prescribed essentially create a colony of super-survivors of the pathogen--the 0.001% that's still alive after a few days of the antibiotic. That remaining population of the pathogen survives, and in strict Darwinian fashion, is--almost by definition--highly resistant to that antibiotic, so it goes on to infect someone else, and that person, taking the same antibiotic, can't get rid of it as easily.
February 11th, 2017 at 8:48:20 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Are Himalayan mountain goats easy to raise?

Lets wait for the post-Geneva meeting announcement.

The traditional reasoning from doctors “never made any sense. It doesn’t make any sense today,” Dr. Louis Rice, chairman of the department of medicine at the Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University