Hockey Talk

Page 4 of 5<12345>
May 6th, 2015 at 7:39:01 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
In my 34 years of life, I have participated in 74 "seasons" of sports. Football, baseball, hockey. Seasons and tournaments. 74. Oops, one year of racing. 75.

I have followed and cheered for an additional 58. Football, baseball, hockey, NASCAR. 58.

I have had a vested interest in 133 seasons of sports. In those 133 attempts, I have witnessed or secured a championship TWICE. Two times. A season and a tourney, both in hockey, both in 2013 (?).

Goddamnit, Montreal!!1! ><
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 6th, 2015 at 7:40:56 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
PK costs you more than he produces. That was his side and man and he's coasting over on the other side.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 7th, 2015 at 1:06:59 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
#1 - I don't bet for or against 'my' team

#2 - I have evolved into someone who considers betting with your friends and associates as automatically -EV due to welching etc. Thus it is now hard to get me to bet .

HOWEVER

were these things not true I would have been willing to place a large bet on the Rangers eliminating the Caps [latter being my team].

as somebody said "That's why they play the games!"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 7th, 2015 at 2:21:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
New rumor - Babcock to the Michigan Wolverines after Red Berenson retires.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 8th, 2015 at 12:13:09 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Let's Go Caps!!

The 3-1 lead scares me a bit. They've lost them before. I realize none of those teams is this one and none of those coaches are Trotz. I want to see them move to the next round and I'd like them to close this series out tonight.

I've been a Caps fan since the early 1980's. I've seen them play far below their talent level too many times. I'm hoping this is the year they can turn that around!

Let's Go Caps!!
May 18th, 2015 at 5:44:42 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: RonC
Let's Go Caps!!

The 3-1 lead scares me a bit. They've lost them before. I realize none of those teams is this one and none of those coaches are Trotz. I want to see them move to the next round and I'd like them to close this series out tonight.

I've been a Caps fan since the early 1980's. I've seen them play far below their talent level too many times. I'm hoping this is the year they can turn that around!

Let's Go Caps!!

Well, I was right about the 3-1 lead being a scary thing. They did it again--failed to win one of three games they needed to eliminate the Rangers. The Rangers were the better team over the regular season; they proved that they could overcome a 3-1 hole with superior goaltending and just enough scoring to get by.

There is always next season...which is usually what I have to say at this time of year.
May 18th, 2015 at 7:37:48 AM permalink
Face

There is always next season...which is usually what I have to say at this time of year.

At least you can say it with a straight face. XD
May 19th, 2015 at 8:42:26 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Well, I was right about the 3-1 lead being a scary thing. They did it again--failed to win one of three games they needed to eliminate the Rangers. The Rangers were the better team over the regular season; they proved that they could overcome a 3-1 hole with superior goaltending and just enough scoring to get by.

Yes, I feel your pain.

As far as next season goes, I have high hopes for the young Russians continuing to improve and also Holtby continuing to play so well.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 19th, 2015 at 12:16:17 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Anaheim is looking good to take the cup. Unfortunately, Ducks fans are the most obnoxious winners west of the Mississippi.
May 19th, 2015 at 3:34:33 PM permalink
Face
From April, 30...

Quote: Face

I personally think ANA is taking the West all the way to the Cup.

You heard it here first

=)
Page 4 of 5<12345>