Reincarnation

Page 12 of 12« First<9101112
January 28th, 2023 at 2:34:49 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Here is another issue I'd be concerned about if I believed in reincarnation:

If reincarnation were possible, then the entire Holy Bible would be obsolete.

Because it would nullify permanently receiving access to the Holy Spirit after reception.

The Holy Bible is a story of how we lost access to the Holy Spirit and the solution to permanently get it back.

The Holy Spirit will never leave us once we get it back.

My thinking is pure cannot reside with impure within a human body without a mechanism.

That's why Mary had to be "Immaculate" when she was conceived.
May 28th, 2023 at 3:15:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Ian Stevenson’s Case for the Afterlife: Are We ‘Skeptics’ Really Just Cynics?

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/ian-stevensone28099s-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-e28098skepticse28099-really-just-cynics/?fbclid=IwAR3n4OMxtjYHGlVKEWsCR0hYjeU-RPW2plfg3ZndjHzCtLnHcI3yDyt6rWc
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 29th, 2023 at 3:40:09 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Virginia Tighe claimed she was Bridey Murphy in a past life. It turned out to be a case of Cryptomnesia.

'In an article in Skeptical Inquirer Angel examined Stevenson’s Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation (1974) and concluded that the research was so poorly conducted as to cast doubt on all Stevenson's work. He says that Stevenson failed to clearly and concisely document the claims made before attempting to verify them. Among a number of other faults, Angel says, Stevenson asked leading questions and did not properly tabulate or account for all erroneous statements. Angel writes:'

"In sum, Stevenson does not skillfully record, present, or analyze his own data. If a case regarded by Stevenson to be among the strongest of his cases — the only case of 20 that had its purported verifications conducted by Stevenson himself — falls apart under scrutiny as badly as the Imad Elawar case does, it is reasonable to conclude that the other cases, in which data were first gathered by untrained observers, are even less reliable than this one."
Page 12 of 12« First<9101112