Reincarnation

Page 10 of 12« First<789101112>
July 16th, 2015 at 6:15:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Gandhi said:

"Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were going to live forever."

I've had the feeling many times that we
strive to make things better for the future
because we instinctively know we're coming
back here to live again. And we have a lot
of nostalgia for the past because we personally
spent so much time living there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 7th, 2015 at 8:48:55 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Nareed
I'd like to enter a pool as to how long he'll last. I'm predicting he'll [Tebow] be cut before the season starts.

I called it!

I've said a number of time the NFL has trouble identifying QB prospects, including letting go too soon or not drafting good ones. But by far more common is to draft and try average or mediocre QB prospects.

IMO Tebow was done when the Broncos cut him. Yes, they'd gotten Peyton Manning and there was no way he wouldn't be the starter. Sure. But if Tebow were reasonably good, then keeping him as a backup and heir to manning would have been eminently sensible, unless there were major salary cap issues. As it is, Elway et al simply couldn't let him go fast enough.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 7th, 2015 at 10:23:53 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
He'll be back, Fits the Philly offense perfectly. Watch them sign him to practice squad
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 7th, 2015 at 1:28:59 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: chickenman
He'll be back, Fits the Philly offense perfectly. Watch them sign him to practice squad

Do you think they'd want him back when they didn't want him to begin with? I have my doubts.

I admire his persistence. Maybe someday it will pay off. But if I were him, I'd look for another job.
September 7th, 2015 at 1:32:30 PM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: Nareed
Do you think they'd want him back when they didn't want him to begin with? I have my doubts.

I admire his persistence. Maybe someday it will pay off. But if I were him, I'd look for another job.
Of course, that's the way of the NFL. Keep the 53 men you "want" and then sign those no one else wants. Simple :-)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 7th, 2015 at 1:36:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Simple as brain surgery?
April 18th, 2016 at 2:56:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
There are no less than 3000 scientifically verified cases of people who remembered a past life and were able to offer verifiable proof.. the life’s work of Dr. Stevenson.

"..he then did something even more extraordinary: he began verifying the children’s memories. For instance, he identified the deceased person that the child talked about, collected the facts about the person’s life, and matched them with the child’s memory. He went so far as to match medical records with birth marks, scars, and wounds. As a result, he was able to rule out “plausible” and “normal scientific explanations” could nullify the hypothesis as made-up and fictitious." http://dreamcatcherreality.com/reincarnation-ian-stevenson/

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2016 at 5:46:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Even if you accept the possibility of reincarnation, you still have to consider it might be the exception not the rule. 99% may just never reincarnate.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 18th, 2016 at 6:35:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Even if you accept the possibility of reincarnation, you still have to consider it might be the exception not the rule. 99% may just never reincarnate.

And 99% might. The only reason the majority
of the kids Stevenson studied had a memory
of a previous life, is because most of them
died in a traumatic way. The shock of dying
was so great, memories lingered. If a person
dies a natural death, there is no reason to
have memories, no trauma was involved.
April 19th, 2016 at 6:32:37 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I actually liked the video you posted. It showed someone I think honestly wrestling with the data and trying to explain it. He mentioned that his belief in reincarnation made it clear to him that we were not just physical and because of that we needed to look again at psychology and how we understand the human person. He also talked about the mysteriousness of life not as something bad, but rather as something we have to wrestle with and accept.

I was surprised that he mentioned 80% of cases were frauds. I also was surprised why he thought reincarnation was the only way to explain the so called "hard cases". As a Catholic I do believe that souls especially those who die suddenly or traumatically can find themselves as a lost soul or as someone that doesn't know how to move on or feels there is some unfinished something that they need to do. This is how I would describe ghosts. Like the cases of reincarnation they tend to eventually disappear, especially when someone recognizes who they are or what they want. This is like the fulfillment they seek and they move on.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
Page 10 of 12« First<789101112>