Gigafactory

Page 70 of 73« First<67686970717273>
February 21st, 2020 at 6:40:10 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: reno
It's going to be a really crowded market: Rivian R1T, Nikola Badger, Bollinger B2, Lordstown Endurance, Hercules Alpha, GMC Hummer EV, Atlis XT, and a Ford F150 electric.

Are there enough buyers out there to justify this many options? Presumably other established companies (Dodge, Toyota, Nissan) will eventually dive in, too.

Yes, the instant torque is great. But when a Tesla Model X SUV tows 5,000 lbs... range (miles) deteriorates by a whopping 50%.

If you have to run the heat or the A/C you will lose another 50% of that decreased range so a loaded truck in the winter will get 25% of empty summer range. Maybe fun to drive but not a practical working truck.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 21st, 2020 at 6:47:24 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: kenarman

If you have to run the heat or the A/C you will lose another 50% of that decreased range so a loaded truck in the winter will get 25% of empty summer range. Maybe fun to drive but not a practical working truck.

Mall crawlers are a thing. This will do just fine. You won't ever see one, and I won't ever see one, but it will be some form of success.

Im not immediately disgusted by its looks; I was, after all, raised on Halo. That familiarity tempers the obscenity. But god almighty, it looks massive. Like, bigger than a Raptor massive.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 22nd, 2020 at 3:57:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman

Nothing about that Tesla truck looks practical. It looks like a truck for yuppies who think they need a truck. Low end torque is important for some things, but not so much for a working truck. Ease of loading and range will be big. I don't see that thing taking any kind of cap, even if they custom build for it. That's another loser.

It markets to the cult.
The President is a fink.
February 22nd, 2020 at 10:05:26 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Face
But god almighty, it looks massive. Like, bigger than a Raptor massive.

Depending on the trim, Ford F150 Raptor's length varies from 220 inches to 250 inches. Raptor height is 78 inches, width varies from 80 to 86 inches.

Cybertruck is 231.7 inches long, 79.8 inches wide and 75 inches tall
February 22nd, 2020 at 2:59:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Nothing about that Tesla truck looks practical. It looks like a truck for yuppies who think they need a truck. .

That is what they said about the Honda Ridgeline. This year Motorweek named it the best pickup they tested.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 22nd, 2020 at 5:15:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
That is what they said about the Honda Ridgeline. This year Motorweek named it the best pickup they tested.

Because this generation is made like a truck. The first one was a "sport truck" more than "truck." I am sure there are enough in the Tesla cult to sell it out and they only haul sunshine. But a practical truck it is not.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2020 at 10:18:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Michael Moore Admits He Had No Idea Where the Juice to Power Electric Cars Came From

Leftist leader Michael Moore finally figures out what we have been trying to tell everyone for years! But not just on electric cars:

Quote: Moore
“I assumed solar panels would last for ever. I didn’t know what went into the making of them,” Moore added, referring to raw materials, including quartz, and the fossil fuels needed to manufacture the panels.

Maybe now the greenies will listen?
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2020 at 11:28:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Michael Moore Admits He Had No Idea Where the Juice to Power Electric Cars Came From

Leftist leader Michael Moore finally figures out what we have been trying to tell everyone for years! But not just on electric cars:

Quote: Moore
“I assumed solar panels would last for ever. I didn’t know what went into the making of them,” Moore added, referring to raw materials, including quartz, and the fossil fuels needed to manufacture the panels.

Maybe now the greenies will listen?

It's a seismic shift. But don't get your hopes up. Moore is rejecting the near complete (99%) corporate takeover of all green energy technology and feels they are not achieving anything substantial but SALES. And even making things worse in some cases.

But you can be for it now, because he showed that 99% green energy control is by gas, coal, mining, and logging interests. So either way fossil fuel interests now wins as they're playing both sides.

Moore appears to be adopting reduction in our mass consumerism as the only viable approach to a sustainable Earth. His position is extremely anti-capitalism.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 22nd, 2020 at 11:36:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I was glad to see the film attack the biomass industry, although I had no idea how many plants had been built already.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 23rd, 2020 at 1:02:23 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I was glad to see the film attack the biomass industry, although I had no idea how many plants had been built already.
Thanks for pointing out that Moore's movie was free. I watched part of it so far, looks interesting. https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 70 of 73« First<67686970717273>