The Side Hustle Thread (split from Bees with AZD)

May 20th, 2017 at 6:41:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
You could always Buy and Lease-Back a catamaran at some Florida or Tropical Yacht Broker. The broker does his best to keep your yacht being rented out by people such as Face and the Fed. Then a few times a year you put together a tour to Belize and rent your own yacht to do it in.

Too much capital. I am thinking visit a smaller resort for a few days. Chat up the owner. See what local there is tour wise. Make deals. I was on a singles package on a cruise once. About 150-200 people I think. It was right after Labor Day so someone got a deal on making the package from the line. The activities they had were average, some nobody even showed for.

But I need someone who actually likes people to work with. Could probably hire 2 women, comp them a room they share and pay them say $250 each in green for being hostesses a few hours a day. Throw in 2 days free room after everyone leaves to enjoy themselves. Then do the same in Iceland.........
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2017 at 3:09:19 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
Then do the same in Iceland.........
Ah yes, Iceland. We are all waiting for your Trip Report about the Nordic Blondes, the blue lagoon and that fermented shark nonsense. The author of that piece I posted long ago about "I am not a Mexican" is presently vacationing in Iceland.
May 20th, 2017 at 6:46:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Ah yes, Iceland. We are all waiting for your Trip Report about the Nordic Blondes, the blue lagoon and that fermented shark nonsense. The author of that piece I posted long ago about "I am not a Mexican" is presently vacationing in Iceland.

Hopefully at some point. I have not had a vacation of more than 3 days in I am not kidding over 10 years! The Stardust was still there at the time! I don't even know if I could unwind more than 4 days, I forget how.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2017 at 6:56:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I'm self employed for 30 years, what's a vacation. Even
when I go to Vegas it's work as an AP.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2017 at 12:29:17 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
I'm self employed for 30 years, what's a vacation. Even when I go to Vegas it's work as an AP.
You might want to adopt one homeworkers habit of going out the door at 5:00pm and coming back in and calling out 'Hi, honey, I'm home'. Take a vacation. A staycation perhaps.

NOTE: for all of youse what been looking for a sideline...what about bartender???
The Desert Bar is only open from noon to six pm and only on weekends (half year only)... yet the guy makes a living at it.
May 21st, 2017 at 1:12:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

NOTE: for all of youse what been looking for a sideline...what about bartender???

I was in that biz for 3 years. It's more work
than it looks, and you have to like working
with alcoholics. It's not fun.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2017 at 2:32:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
You might want to adopt one homeworkers habit of going out the door at 5:00pm and coming back in and calling out 'Hi, honey, I'm home'.
I used to do something like that. I would get home about 3 a. m. , snockered and yell out, "don't pay the ransom honey, I escaped".
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 21st, 2017 at 2:42:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
I used to do something like that. I would get home about 3 a. m. , snockered and yell out, "don't pay the ransom honey, I escaped".
LOL And she would probably yell back 'I had no intention of paying even one cent'.
May 21st, 2017 at 2:44:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I was in that biz for 3 years. It's more work
than it looks, and you have to like working
with alcoholics. It's not fun.

I think people think it must be easy because they go to bars and it looks easy. To me it rarely looks easy. Even the girl at the VFW has to keep working up and down the bar, watching it when she finally takes care of everyone. And that is an easy bar to work, simple people and simple drink orders. I am always impressed when she remembers my drink order, week after week, and I am just there once a week to play poker.

The remembering drinks thing always impressed me. So many of them are so good. I could never do it.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2017 at 2:45:03 PM permalink
Fleastiff
It's not fun.
The Desert Bar is only open from noon to six pm and only on weekends (half year only)... yet the guy makes a living at it. At six hours two days a week for six months of the year, it don't gotta be fun, but it sure must be profitable. Cash only business. No real headaches.