'Draw Muhammad'

Page 1 of 3123>
May 3rd, 2015 at 6:53:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Two suspects were killed and a security guard was shot outside a "Draw Muhammad" contest in Garland, Texas, police told NBC News.

Police initially said a police officer was shot, but they later revised that to identify the victim as a security guard. The event was heavily policed with up to 40 extra officers assigned at a cost of $10,000 to the organizers, according to published reports.

The contest was described as a "free speech" event by its sponsor, the American Freedom Defense Initiative. It offered a $10,000 top prize and featured Dutch politician Geert Wilders, who is known for his anti-Muslim views, as its speaker.

The shooting began about 7 p.m., around the time the event was finishing up.

"Right when we were beginning to drive away, we heard gunshots," Cynthia Belisle, who attended the event with a friend, told NBC News. "We thought they were fireworks, but they were not."

Belisle said that dozens of cops sprang into action and that she was told to stay put.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/shooting-outside-draw-muhammad-contest-texas-n352996
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2015 at 9:20:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Can't worship a god who takes an "insult rule" so seriously.

I don't believe the media would really get on board for some sort of mass "draw Muhammad" protest, but I suppose a mass protest could be done through the video services where people could post their protest videos all on the same day. Potentially millions of people could participate all over the world where it's not too restrictive to do such a thing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2015 at 10:26:40 PM permalink
rxwine
On my soapbox.

I might not quibble much with people shouting down people, and other sort of free speech disruption. Certainly not as much as the rightwing does.

But you can't have people being killed for exercising their 1st amendment right in the U.S. If Rudeboi was here, I'd tell him, this is why we have a standing army.

These people were trying silence the speakers by killing them. It appears.
May 3rd, 2015 at 11:21:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
"featured Dutch politician Geert Wilders, who is known for his anti-Muslim views"

I wonder if he blames the Holodomor, or the Holocaust, or the Armenian genocide or the mass murder in 2011 on Muslims?

Europe has more mass murderers than the US.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 4th, 2015 at 12:09:49 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
But you can't have people being killed for exercising their 1st amendment right in the U.S.
You mean like MLK?
Quote:
If Rudeboi was here, I'd tell him, this is why we have a standing army.
Do you mean similar to Kent State?

How much control by the government will it take for you to feel safe? Today in Utah a CCP holder saves woman from carjacker http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-shoots-kills-carjacker-outside-store-004403757.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 4th, 2015 at 1:35:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Do you mean similar to Kent State?

No, similar to the soldiers sailors, etc., that fought against Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany.

Kinda like as much as I thought Fred Phelps was an abomination and wasn't sorry that he died, no one should shoot him or chop his head off.
May 4th, 2015 at 8:30:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It seems two inexperienced shooters engaged in Spray and Pray while one well trained cop stood his ground, steeled himself to take the slugs if needbe and calmly aimed and squeezed until either he or they went down.
May 5th, 2015 at 3:08:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Can't worship a god who takes an "insult rule" so seriously.

Some of us have been warning of this for years, we just get called "islamaphobes." Hopefully people do not mind this kind of violence, it is only going to get worse.
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2015 at 5:59:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Some of us have been warning of this for years, we just get called "islamaphobes." Hopefully people do not mind this kind of violence, it is only going to get worse.

Do you know any Muslims personally?
Muslims I know condemm this type of violence.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2015 at 6:12:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Do you know any Muslims personally?
Muslims I know condemm this type of violence.

The "ones you know" can "condemn" it all they like. That does not change the trend. The trend is islam is a violent and intolerant religion and has conflict when it is side-by-side with non-muslims. This is unlikely to change until there a "Muslim Protestant" movement starts and gains traction. Such a movement would take 100 years to really start to change things.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 3123>