Hot Pursuit

Page 1 of 212>
May 7th, 2015 at 3:18:24 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I think Sofia and Reese are popular enough that this movie with a $35 million budget will be profitable..

The question is in comparison with Bridesmaids (Production Budget: $32.5 million) made $169m domestic and $119m foreign.

Does anyone think that Hot Pursuit will make that kind of bucks?

===============

Paul Blart:Mall Cop 2 has made $76.8m worldwide boxoffice which is probably about break even for a $30m budget. The first one made $183m worldwide on a $26m budget.

Jupiter Ascending is the only massive failure of a film so far this year. Chappie was a money loser.
May 7th, 2015 at 3:31:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin

Does anyone think that Hot Pursuit will make that kind of bucks?

I couldn't watch the whole trailer. I really
can't tolerate the big mouthed Latina
that Sofia plays on AF and in this movie.
And it's not her, she's not like that in real
life at all. A real turnoff for me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 7th, 2015 at 8:57:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Sorry Paco, I ain't never heard of Bridesmaids and don't know why it made so much money.

Now as to Reese Witherspoon, yeah I like her but I don't know if her movies are box office hit or not.
The Hot Pursuit reminds of Clint Eastwood as the drunk and disposable Phoenix cop sent to bring O'MalleyNoShow to the Grand Jury.
Only this time its Reese Witherspoon and she can't seem to belt Loudmouth Omalley into either submission or silence. That could get tiresome.

Good luck. By the way how much did the Eastwood movie make?
Remember the two broads who took a vacation together but in some dive's parking lot there was a shooting. The two girls now on the run from the law meshed, sometimes with some gnashing of gears, but they meshed. Neither was a constantly screaming loud mouth with decibels near the top of the soundtrack. No body likes that.
May 7th, 2015 at 10:28:50 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Fleastiff
Sorry Paco, I ain't never heard of Bridesmaids and don't know why it made so much money.

In many movies, men play either buddies , partners, or a gang. In many of these movies women only have minor roles.

Periodically, they try to make a movie of one of these genres, but with either a pair or a group of women. Usually, they fail spectacularly.

One of the most profitable male movie franchises in the past 6 years was The Hangover, whose three movies brought in $1.4 billion worldiwide

Bridesmaids, was a similar type movie with an all female cast. Attempts to make a "women behaving badly" kind of a buddy movie have failed many times in the past. Bridesmaids brough in $288 million worldwide, which was a spectacular success (although not at the level of The Hangover).

Bridesmaids turned Melissa McCarthy, who was a minor character actor and budding TV star from "Mike & Molly" into a major movie star. And no, I have never seen one of her movies.

Rotten Tomatoes listed Bridesmaid's reviews as Fresh: 225 Rotten: 26 ; but Hot Pursuit got Fresh: 4 and Rotten:70
May 10th, 2015 at 4:19:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
I see constant ads for Hot Pursuit. We
all know what that usually means. If
this Sofia was in it I'd see it.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 10th, 2015 at 11:40:12 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
I see constant ads for Hot Pursuit. We all know what that usually means. If this Sofia was in it I'd see it.

It's photos like that which explain why she made $8m from her role in Modern Family and $29 million from "other sources" (mostly endorsements).

The film made $13.3m in opening weekend (on track for $45m domestic). I don't know how it will play overseas. With a $35m budget Sofia is not going to replace her Modern Family salary with films like that.
May 11th, 2015 at 12:12:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
MF has to be very easy for the stars. Three
families, a 22min show, that's just over 7min
screen time for each family. Compare to
Fraser or Seinfeld or Cheers, where the stars
are in almost every scene. MF has a huge
cast, which has to greatly effect how much
they make. It also has no laugh track, a
huge plus. I hate the LT on TBBT,
it drives me nuts. It's like every line is
a stand-up joke.
May 11th, 2015 at 6:16:34 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
MF has a huge cast, which has to greatly effect how much they make.

The show went from 36th place to 24th to 15th place in the first three seasons. After that the adult cast sued for an "illegal seven year contract".
I don't think the show can go on beyond an eighth season as there are too many salaries. They will all want raises.

They don't have a lot of lines to learn. Ty Burrell's part is mostly physical comedy

Quote: PHIL DUNPHY pilot script

ACT ONE

What? I work out. Just because I don't run six miles a day like you --

You run eight miles a day? That's like three-thousand miles a year. You could have run to Hawaii.

I got it. Where's the baby oil?

We have a lot of fun.

ACT TWO
Why do you keep doing this?
There. Be free.

Fight in the sun. It'll be a nice

I better charge the camcorder.

I'm kidding. Come on. Who are you talking to?

I'm the cool dad. That's my thing. I'm hip. I surf the web, I have an iPhone, I know a lot of the dances from "High School Musical."

(singing) WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, YES WE ARE...

Yeah, take a chill pill, biotch.

(to Luke) What did I tell you would happen if you shot any animal or any person?

That's right! Come on. Let's go. He starts for the backyard.

I can't shoot him at two, I'm showing a house then. What about three?

Yeah, I guess that works for me.

Have a good day, sport.

Sweet. Let me meet this playa. (offers fist bump) Phil Dunphy, yo.

It's like that. You just let the eyes do the work. Your mouth might be saying, "Hey, we cool", but your eyes are saying, "I know what you're here for, and that shiznit is broke."

Nu-in, nu-in much.

So you two have fun today, just make sure you keep it real, know what I mean?

That's cool. That's--

Oh boy. Ohhhh. That's not good.

Yeah, I'm --- -- no I'm not.

No. (to Dylan) You're very strong, Homes.

ACT THREE

What are you wearing?

Uh-uh. Jacket off. One shirt, one hat. No pain, no gain. Jesus, how many pairs of underwear do you have on?

I want you to know, I'm not enjoying this. But it's an important lesson you're learning.

It's supposed to.

Oh, forget it. I can't do this. The point is you're scared, and I think you've learned your lesson just by -- BANG! The gun fires, and Luke yelps.
Wow.

It was an accident!

Well honey, your Mom isn't always as cool about things as I am --

What is with this thing?

ACT FOUR
(having noticed her outfit) Wow, that's a beautiful skirt, Gloria.

Ooh, it's --

Hi, Lily.(TO MITCHELL & CAM) Isn't that going to be tough for her to say?
May 11th, 2015 at 12:25:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
None of them are ever on screen long
enough to get tired of them. Having
it be a docu-comedy was genius, like
Office. They use the camera constantly
in scenes to make a point. Especially
Mitchell, Claire and the oldest daughter.
Mitchell does it when Cam acts too gay,
Claire when Phil acts like a moron, and
the daughter when she thinks shes right
and everybody else is wrong. Wasn't
Ozzie and Harriot the first show to use
the docu approach? Ozzie was always
talking to the camera, like Phil and Claire
do from their couch.

8 seasons will be enough, all the kids will
be adults by then.
May 11th, 2015 at 7:17:28 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
>Too many salaries...
Maybe it will be in residuals rather than salary. Some of those stranded islanders made fortunes with all the reruns but some actors only made their basic salaries for the first airing. Different law and different lawyers.

Rolf Harris offered royalties to those who did Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport, but most of the performers just opted for ten pounds. The song went to number one on three continents.
Page 1 of 212>