No votes (0%)
1 vote (50%)
1 vote (50%)
No votes (0%)

2 members have voted

July 10th, 2015 at 11:56:16 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Apple's App stored made 10 billion in sales in 2014. There's a huge market, even if there's a bunch of free.

Quote: AZDuffman
Our app is a "driver" app. When I make a delivery the brass can see it. Think instead of the bulky FedEx devices just use an android phone. Also shows all my deliveries.

Yeah, suspect that cost more than $10-20,000... that's only 2 development man-months at best.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 10th, 2015 at 12:54:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Apple's App stored made 10 billion in sales in 2014. There's a huge market, even if there's a bunch of free.

Yeah, suspect that cost more than $10-20,000... that's only 2 development man-months at best.

Maybe, I am no expert and only been using it a few days. My point is that the idea that you will make $5MM by developing an app to show the best, closest bathroom is history.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2015 at 1:16:33 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I wonder how it went for the Wizard.

I came across an article on business value the today, especially looking at valuing pre-revenue companies. Vaguely related to my own "side hustle" as I may be getting outside investment, but not sure. Anyways, they pointed to couple of methods for scorecarding the idea before it makes dollars.

http://www.douglasmagazine.com/whats-your-startup-really-worth/

"Of course, there’s far more to these methods than we have space to discuss here, so I encourage you to look for business and startup valuation education in your community and search online for The Risk Summation Method and The Scorecard Method. Two good websites are nacocanada.com and kauffman.org. Try these methods out on your own business or startup ideas and see what your scores reveal."

As pointers if this is still a question for The Wiz.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 3 of 3<123