Why???

Page 4 of 4<1234
July 15th, 2015 at 6:54:29 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
I don't play that game.

You've been missing out.

I don't mind if someone wishes me a "merry Christmas" at all. I do mind when Christians try to appropriate something they neither invented nor celebrated until rather late in their history (they can't even come up with an original post title). Especially when they are "offended" if someone doesn't acknowledge it.

Therefore I take great pleasure in reminding them Christmas is a rethread of Saturnalia, the Feast of Sol Invictus, and countless other pagan winter festivals all over the world.

Granted with something as inconsequential as a holiday it makes little sense. But their idiocies in this kind of thing extend to every aspect of life. Marriage did not only exist before Christianity, it existed before monotheism. Today it exists in pretty much all religions, too. To try to make it a uniquely Christian thing is not just ridiculous, but has proven incredibly harmful.

So I fight them in all fronts and at all times.

We may always have to put up with religion, but I think Christianity is finally on a well-deserved, hopefully irreversible, decline.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 16th, 2015 at 5:51:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face

FrG, despite our vast differences, tries. And he knows. So even if the conversation is sending me straight to Angertown, it's almost always worth having.

My brother in law has had his own Baptist
church for 30 years. If I try and have a
conversation about religion with him, all
I get is attitude and 3 Bible verses he
tells me to read. Like that's a conversation.

I don't think FrG has ever hit us with 'go and
read this verse'. The feeling you get from
most Christians is you're a low level moron
because you're an atheist, which not very
inviting to further discussion.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 4 of 4<1234