Section 8 landlord?

July 13th, 2015 at 4:23:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Anyone out there been or known a Section 8 landlord? I see some deals in a part of town with strong rents but lower income all the time. It is right on a main busline so it is very, very popular among the bus set. Also one of those parts of town where teachers. cops, and firefighters who must live in the city live. So I am looking for the next rental.

Now, I hear the comments coming. Make them if you like, but if I am going to live in a poverty-industrial complex USA then might as well make some legit money off of it. If you do want to make the comment about a libertarian-conservative section 8 landlord, at the least throw in some useful info, man-up style.
The President is a fink.
July 13th, 2015 at 5:57:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Anyone out there been or known a Section 8 landlord? I see some deals in a part of town with strong rents but lower income all the time. It is right on a main busline so it is very, very popular among the bus set. Also one of those parts of town where teachers. cops, and firefighters who must live in the city live. So I am looking for the next rental.

Now, I hear the comments coming. Make them if you like, but if I am going to live in a poverty-industrial complex USA then might as well make some legit money off of it. If you do want to make the comment about a libertarian-conservative section 8 landlord, at the least throw in some useful info, man-up style.

I have/had a friend in Phoenix, at last count he had around 60 houses. He really liked the section 8r's, they rarely if ever move, and the city seems to make good on any damage.

If the house has a fenced yard for the kids, the tenant will stay until the kids leave school. Beats the Hell out of single college kids, IMO.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 13th, 2015 at 6:02:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
section eight refers to the income levels of your tenants NOT their character or values.

I knew one woman who fell for a married man and had a kid by him, she was section 8... perfectly honest and respectable as a tenant if a little bit unwise with her sex life. she paid a certain amount in rent and the county paid the rest regularly.

I knew another woman who operated a 'sheltered workshop' many of her employees were also her section 8 tenants, she got paid promptly and never had any regrets.

Most landlords lose money from apartments being vacant, with section 8 you generally have no vacancies ever.